AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Paris EP Stream

Posted by - 10:17 AM on 03/25/13
Today we're so excited to stream the debut EP from Boston up and coming act Paris. The self-titled EP from the young act shows an extreme amount of poise which is all lead by the incredibly dynamic Lynn Gunnulfsen fronting the band. Guitarist Alex Babinski creates hard hitting and spacy guitar leads while Brian MacDonald (Bass) and Brad Griffin (Drums) provide the backbone for the band. This is recommended for fans of Conditions and Circa Survive and I promise you this band will be making waves very soon. The EP drops tomorrow but you can stream it now on the band's AP.net profile.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
10:31 AM on 03/25/13
renedex
User Info.
Paris? More like Paramore-esque. But worse, obviously.
10:33 AM on 03/25/13
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
Excited for my preorder to get here.
10:50 AM on 03/25/13
kozak89
User Info.
I reallly like this band. Local band for me. However, in a world where the internet dominates band exposure, I think "Paris" is an awful choice for a bandname. Even googling "paris band" wont always work. You can't just type "Paris" into facebook and find them. The band is mega talented and can do it live, but the name will hold them back, I think.
11:05 AM on 03/25/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
The girl in this band played guitar with A Loss For Words the other day down here in New Jersey. She was pretty cute. I guess I'll take a listen to this
11:07 AM on 03/25/13
njdevils327
User Info.
Also, it's funny cause judging by their artist page, they've changed their name like 4 times, all including the word Paris, but ended up taking the most generic of all the names
11:09 AM on 03/25/13
Readyorknot13
User Info.
Paris? More like Paramore-esque. But worse, obviously.

What does this even mean?
11:35 AM on 03/25/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, it's funny cause judging by their artist page, they've changed their name like 4 times, all including the word Paris, but ended up taking the most generic of all the names
Nope...just different bands with Paris in the name. Weird tagging errors.
11:42 AM on 03/25/13
njdevils327
User Info.
Nope...just different bands with Paris in the name. Weird tagging errors.
Yeah, i realized that after looking at the kickstarter link and realizing it was a different band. Oops. Anyway this EP is really good so far. I think this band could do a lot with production levels similar to VersaEmerge's Fixed at Zero. Fueled By Ramen, get on this
12:00 PM on 03/25/13
renedex
User Info.
What does this even mean?

That this is a lazy, copy-paste band that falls some way short of its main sources, at best.
12:18 PM on 03/25/13
samissocks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
there are 2 ways this sounds like Paramore, 1. you've never heard a Paramore song, ever. 2. you are high on meth. Not every female fronted band has to be compared to one of the most popular ones out there right now.
12:36 PM on 03/25/13
renedex
User Info.
there are 2 ways this sounds like Paramore, 1. you've never heard a Paramore song, ever. 2. you are high on meth. Not every female fronted band has to be compared to one of the most popular ones out there right now.

I mean, it sounds like Paramore. The music maybe not so much, but this vocalist sounds very similar to Hayley.

I dunno why you have to bring gender into, girl could get a sex change and the lead vocals here would still sound like, er, Pararmore's. Just not as talented.
01:08 PM on 03/25/13
AeroIce
Post-Hardcore Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I mean, it sounds like Paramore. The music maybe not so much, but this vocalist sounds very similar to Hayley.

I dunno why you have to bring gender into, girl could get a sex change and the lead vocals here would still sound like, er, Pararmore's. Just not as talented.
It does not sound like Paramore. You said it yourself, "the music maybe not so much." To certain people, like me, that's really all the matters. Vocalists are just another musical instrument. Sure, the voice sounds like Hayley, but the music surrounding that voice? Not a chance. Nothing sounds like Paramore. Give me a single Paramore song that is as layered/complex as Only Love. Seriously, I would like to hear it, because I couldn't find any.

After two playthroughs the original post hit it right on the head. The band sounds like Conditions, and at certain times Circa Survive. But if I were to describe the band in only two words, it would be "Girl Conditions", which in my opinion is a pretty good thing, because I have always described Conditions as "if Saosin made pop music."

And I agree that Paris is a terrible, terrible band name.
03:20 PM on 03/25/13
Kbak1221
Goblin shark lockjaw
User Info.
I just love Boston music. A lot of bands follow in the TREOS-esque vein of hard-hitting riffs, spacey leads, and an overall dynamic feel. Lynn has a fabulous voice, and when she hits those higher notes, she throws some killer gruff behind it. I can see this band really settling into their sound by their next release.
03:38 PM on 03/25/13
Readyorknot13
User Info.

This girl sounds absolutely nothing like Hayley. Like not even close. Her voice is way more aggressive, and she has a very particular way she pronounces things. Personally I think these guys are awesome. I really dig their sound. I agree the name isn't the greatest, but it's short and easy to remember.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos