AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

The Tragedy We Live In - 03.25.13

Interviewed by
The Tragedy We Live In - 03.25.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Tragedy We Live In

Bandcamp : http://the-tragedy-we-live-in.bandcamp.com/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-T...36822103001848

1. How did you get your band name?

I was watching a movie at the cinema. It was a really tragic movie, local movie and it just popped in.

2. How did this band get started?

I stopped working because I felt like shit. I woke every day early to make demos and posted them on soundcloud. A good friend of mine that was in another band at that time as a guitarist wanted to start playing in a band as a drummer, so we searched for a rehearsal place and started making the demos I recorded into full songs.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Brand New, The Get Up Kids, Reggie and the Full Effect, The Ataris, Ekkaia, Disclose, Death Grips, Gojira, God is an Astronaut, Neurosis, The Menzingers, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Drop Dead, etc.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Brand New, Russian Circles, La Dispute. Because they doing there own thing and creating something new album after album. And La Dispute are really amazing people!

5. Best food to eat on tour?

We played in a really nice squat in Holland. They had a vegan resto. The food there was amazing! It's called piratenbar.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We try to make honest music and play it honest live. Our first S/T that has just come out is totally recorded live! We hope that our album means something to people in a way that they remember it in their lives.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

We don't follow sports. We just want to play music.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

The fans, of course and all the ex-girlfriends for making my life miserable and insane so I can make good music

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

There are alot of good labels around. The biggest labels are the ones with all the made shit on. You just pick out what you like the best so it doesn't have to change.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Playing with In the Hearts of Emperors and Monarch!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

I've been following AP a long time, since I was 15. I'm 23 now and still i'm searching for new bands on AP because they always come up with something new and the reviews are honest!

12. What is your favorite song to play?

I don't do covers. I learned to play guitar on my own without covers and i'm not planning to do covers. Favorite song to play of TTWLI is Inside the Demons Heart.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Lisbon,Portugal

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Mainly punk rock and emo! From the Ataris to Say Anything to Motion City Soundtrack, bands that I still love!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Never thought about that. Don't think I ever will.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

I don't drink before a show. Smoke some cigarettes, hang out with the other band members and friends.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

That I never really learned to play guitar. I even have my own guitar tuning.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Maybe. Our music is instrumental so maybe we have a bigger public.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Playing video games. Mainly FIFA 13 at the moment.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I mainly make my songs on a looper with different layers. Maybe that's a talent?

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version