Username
Password
UK News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UK
Inside AP.net

Glastonbury 2013 Line Up Revealed

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (03/27/13)
The iconic Glastonbury Festival in the UK has revealed its full line up today. The headliners across many stages include The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys, Cat Power, Nas, Portishead, The xx and more. Check out the poster in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13.
01:00 PM on 03/27/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
01:17 PM on 03/27/13
osubuckeye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Holy shit.
01:34 PM on 03/27/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
03:59 PM on 03/27/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I can't imagine that many of annoying hipster crowd there would like Enter Shikari. Then again, how many of them are even there for music. 95% of the crowd at this festival are there to look cool and spend the majority of the time smoking weed in their tents.
04:06 PM on 03/27/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That line-up is incredible. Not my sort of thing but seriously, wow.

On another note, really shows up what a terrible year the Reading+Leeds organisers have had so far...
06:55 PM on 03/27/13
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
I can't imagine that many of annoying hipster crowd there would like Enter Shikari. Then again, how many of them are even there for music. 95% of the crowd at this festival are there to look cool and spend the majority of the time smoking weed in their tents.
Shikari is massive over in England but they're more of a Download and Reading/Leeds band than Glastonbury. I doubt the hipsters will enjoy them but they're going to have a massive crowd..guaranteed.
08:12 PM on 03/27/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
Shikari is massive over in England but they're more of a Download and Reading/Leeds band than Glastonbury. I doubt the hipsters will enjoy them but they're going to have a massive crowd..guaranteed.
I know they're massive here, I am from England! Reading and Leeds suits them quite well, hence why they always play the main stage. I don't think many will like them at Glastonbury. Festival tickets in the UK are so expensive, I imagine all the Shikari fans would go to reading/ Leeds or download as opposed to this.
08:45 PM on 03/27/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Glastonbury is more about the entire experience and the vastness of it, so there will be a huge crowd for Enter Shikari regardless. Whether it's because people are watching the next band after them, because they happen to walking by, because they are fans or because they are just curious and taking it all in. I don't think anybody would pay the festival prices we have for one act alone, so I don't think Enter Shikari fans will be thinking, "I'm going to Reading instead to see them methinks". There'll be some at each, without a doubt.

Also, they played in 2009 to a huge crowd. And they've had a UK Rock Chart number 1 and Top 5 UK Chart album since then.

Glasto is incredibly diverse, and whilst that's what makes it less appealling to me, just because I feel it's too large and therefore I'd miss things, you cannot pigeon hole the audience it attracts or the artists that play it. Its diversity is the big thing it has going for it.

That being said, I don't care for them anyways and there are other acts that might "not go down as well" more if I was to contradict myself, like The Child Of Lov (who has never played live shows before really), The Strypes, Sinead O' Connor. But ultimately, there's a place and a crowd for every act at this festival.
09:03 PM on 03/27/13
OdourlessHobo
woop woop woop
User Info.
I would pay big just to see some of them bands at the Other Stage
09:25 PM on 03/27/13
11:11
Looking for the morning after.
User Info.
Honestly a bit surprised the 1975 arent on there.
03:50 AM on 03/28/13
garufff
User Info.
standard all bases covered line up.
10:49 AM on 03/28/13
tarynnosaurus!
@tarynnjanine
User Info.
Honestly a bit surprised the 1975 arent on there.
I thought the same thing. I read the list like twice because I thought "oh I must've just missed them in this huge list of bands" but nope.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests