Boogie Woogies - 03.28.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We wanted to start an east coast boogie board club. Drunk idea #2,354 from last summer I guess.
2. How did this band get started?
After having this idea for a joke band we figured we can get together and play music once a week. Worst case scenario we would cover some songs and get high every Wednesday.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Stooges, Night Birds, Black Flag. We're not too complicated.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Bouncing Souls would be rad. Or Zeke.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Cliff bars? I don't know.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We need you to be a woogie
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Who's that swimming guy who smokes weed?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
All them woogies out there who party with us at every show.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
R5 productions will answer emails.
10. Memorable tour experience?
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Good way to find true independent bands.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"I had a horrible dream that I played in MGMT" or "I don't care"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Any east coast beach! Duh! Special shout outs to Asbury Park. They know what's up.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My dad listened to a lot of the Doors. What dad didn't?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Never get pruney while swimming.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We all have solo acts.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I don't know man. So many people get their music from so many different ways. There's like internet radio now right? That's cool I guess.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm a great cook. I've also been known to sprint fast when needed.