Djentleman
User Info.
waste of time, money, resources
no wonder people hate cops. go to iraq if you need something to do
05:29 PM on 03/29/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I love Boston but their cops are fucking stupid, those accounts aren't even believable, Boston cops just like to shut down anything they can, Punk shows, Metal shows, Rap shows, and everything in between, you herd it here first folks Boston cops hate music and fun
bunch of hard ass bastards lol, Worcester police are just as shitty, i'm not even gonna get started on the time myself and mom were abused boy Worcester PD for doing nothing at a bar for a Holy Cross graduation night.
07:56 AM on 03/30/13
brandnewsheep
Walking Is Still Honest
User Info.
Is this for real?!
12:42 PM on 03/30/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I mean this is funny, but it's such bullcrap that there is actually an ordinance against home shows. What ever happened to freedom? I hate people that ruin harmless fun.
If it was my neighbor I'd be pissed.
01:02 PM on 03/30/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As corny as this is, they really are just doing their job. Kudos to them for attempting to try something new. Unfortunately cops don't realize people don't talk like they did at motley Cre shows anymore.
The problem is they're trying to further limit an already-struggling local scene. There's a big enough lack of good all-ages venues in Boston as is.
05:41 PM on 03/31/13
BrickWall Views
Drew
User Info.
What an insidious way to kill a scene. Scum.
07:59 AM on 04/01/13
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
want to stop a house show? call the fire marshall.

i've seen 3 diy venues (not houses, commercial spaces rented specifically for shows) get shut down and it's ALWAYS by the fire marshall. the cops of course show up for underage drinking and to make sure people aren't just hanging out in the streets but, they've never actually shut a show down (unless it was in a residential area, noise violations)... get a fire marshall in and they'll find plenty of violations that'll shut down a show and put a large financial burden on the operators before they can have any other shows.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests