Username
Password
Unsigned News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Unsigned
Inside AP.net

Local Band Releases Song on New Myspace

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (04/01/13)
A local band from your area is now streaming a new song on the New Myspace. There is a lot more important information in the first reply.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41.
11:01 AM on 04/01/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

A local band in your area is exclusively streaming today a song from their upcoming EP on their new Myspace page. The EP comes out as soon as it’s done being mixed by the nearby high school’s music teacher.

The group has been through a roller coaster of an emotional ride throughout the past year. First, they started to break into moderate regional success by supporting a few shows in the tri-state area with a slightly bigger, slightly poppier yet also slightly more brutal band that just signed a five-album record deal with Championship Records.

However, the bassist broke up with his girlfriend soon after that so Local Band was forced to go on a three-month hiatus while he listened to Tell Your Whole Family and “We Are Totally Never Getting Back Together” on a loop and ate cereal in his mom’s basement.

“We’re back stronger than ever now and we’ve learned so much about each other,” said Local Band’s lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist. “Our bassist lost his job after not going to work for a few weeks so we had a lot of time to focus on this EP. I think our sound has matured a lot. We recorded it DIY!!”

Lead Vocalist went on to tell AbsolutePunk.net exclusively that the EP was actually recorded in several strategic locations. His garage, the lead guitarist’s closet and the local indie venue were among the well thought-out recording spots.

“We wanted to get that live sound,” said the venue’s promoter, who also produced the EP. “We all just love live music so much, you know?”

At the end of the day, Local Band said they are excited to release this EP so their eager fans can have something new to listen to. They were quick to point out that their Facebook page has ballooned to 300 Likes recently, and that if half of those people buy the EP on iTunes, they will be able to eat at Wendy’s for the first time together using the band debit card.

“I really can’t wait for this new release from Local Band,” said a slight frazzled 16-year-old girl pacing outside the local venue wearing black clothes with a music note tattooed on her wrist. “I just love the music scene here so much and this band is just, ugh, they’re just the best thing to come out of this scene since...at least since the last best thing which I can’t remember. But it was definitely from our scene and not the scene in the other town. There’s just so much good music coming out of our scene this year.”
01:40 PM on 04/01/13
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
oh shit? it's already streaming?!
01:44 PM on 04/01/13
ClydeMcAllister
facebook.com/agiftoffictionband
User Info.
wat
01:45 PM on 04/01/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
April fools
01:47 PM on 04/01/13
TylerSilvestri
You can call me Al
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hahahahahaha you just won the Internet for today
01:48 PM on 04/01/13
Kiguel182
life is a test and I get bad marks
User Info.
good try, but the best April Fools are the ones that are ridiculous but that seem real so people can doubt it ;)
01:49 PM on 04/01/13
Jake Gyllenhaal
There was a fish in the percolator
User Info.
good try, but the best April Fools are the ones that are ridiculous but that seem real so people can doubt it ;)
punknews.org has a tradition of posting fake but "could be true?" stories on april fools day.
01:50 PM on 04/01/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
"Championship Records" I'm dead.
01:53 PM on 04/01/13
Kiguel182
life is a test and I get bad marks
User Info.
punknews.org has a tradition of posting fake but "could be true?" stories on april fools day.
And then people try to find out what is true and what isn't, always fun.
01:55 PM on 04/01/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
it's not supposed to trick anyone. it's kinda onion-y i think haha
01:55 PM on 04/01/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
I heard Track 3 on my friends page and instantly became a fan.
01:57 PM on 04/01/13
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
For their next show they're letting me buy a presale ticket before the actual show!
01:58 PM on 04/01/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
For their next show they're letting me buy a presale ticket before the actual show!
dude....like, i think they might be BUYING ON that show
02:01 PM on 04/01/13
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
dude....like, i think they might be BUYING ON that show
That's so DIY paying their own way to make it!!!!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS