Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
10:49 AM on 04/03/13
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Right around when Anarchy was released, I wrote basically a term paper of a review here giving the record a little below a 5/10 and backing up the score by mapping out why I love Say Anything and what parts of the record lacked those qualities. The point of me mentioning it is that I worked on that analysis harder than I've worked on any analysis I've written in my college career. Yes, I still probably fall under Max's "stinker" category for writing it, but I spent so much time editing it and making it read as constructive criticism because I can only count on one hand the number of bands that have influenced my view of music and writing it in the way Say Anything has.

I spent summers driving my friends around listening to Say Anything records front to back. I asked out a girl in high school via text (my confidence wasn't the best back then) and put on a playlist of all the sappy, acoustic Say Anything songs to calm my nerves. Without bludgeoning the point to death, this band has had a massive stake on my teenage years and continue to bring me back because of just how Max reads in this interview: open, honest, accepting, and loving to anyone who gives Say Anything a chance. Really loved this interview, definitely solidifies that I'd follow this band anywhere/through anything.
02:12 PM on 04/04/13
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
I would love to read that paper on "Anarchy, My Dear"
I also posted it in a long review form around the same time, read it here if you'd like.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS