Username
Password

08:58 PM on 04/03/13 
User Info.
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
Chicago, Il
Male - 28 Years Old
Official thread about Max Bemis' comic loosely based on himself. The first issue is out so let's talk about it!

I didn't see the ending coming and it makes me super psyched to see where it's taken from there. The Q&A afterword from Max was awesome, too.
01:32 AM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
stereokiller
Nintendo FC: 0962 9717 4432
Male - 23 Years Old
Haven't read it but I'm excited to! I will get back to this thread.
05:58 AM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I generally make it a rule not to buy $3.99 comics, but I might have to make an exception to check this out.
07:09 AM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
stubbie25
No Avatar Selected
Houston, TX
Male - 25 Years Old
I generally make it a rule not to buy $3.99 comics, but I might have to make an exception to check this out.

You're missing out on some great stuff then...just saying.
07:11 AM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
Is it more interesting than his last two albums?
08:18 AM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Maybe, but that's the price I pay (zing!). Plus, I can still get a lot of great stuff for $2.99 (or below). I'm usually more flexible on the price point for creator-owned stuff, but there's no way I'm paying $3.99 for Justice League, Avengers, or GotG.
10:11 AM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
stubbie25
No Avatar Selected
Houston, TX
Male - 25 Years Old
Maybe, but that's the price I pay (zing!). Plus, I can still get a lot of great stuff for $2.99 (or below). I'm usually more flexible on the price point for creator-owned stuff, but there's no way I'm paying $3.99 for Justice League, Avengers, or GotG.

True statement! Glad to see you're more flexible with creator-owned stuff, there is some GREAT creator-owned stuff out!
02:14 PM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
ConnorPOZ
Eugene, OR
Male - 22 Years Old
It's worth the $3.99, and on top of that there are no ads at all which to me justifies the price.
02:45 PM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
Chicago, Il
Male - 28 Years Old

There are almost direct references to "Admit It!!!", "Woe", and how the general public thinks Max (or Tim, the main character) made his best work when he was manic and on drugs. All of that is ...Is A Real Boy-based, so take that how you will.
02:47 PM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
Chicago, Il
Male - 28 Years Old

I haven't purchased a comic book in roughly 15 years, so this was my re-kindling interest in the medium. What does the average book go for nowadays? Is $3.99 a lot more or less?
04:21 PM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
Jamestown, NY
Male - 27 Years Old

This.
05:29 PM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
I haven't purchased a comic book in roughly 15 years, so this was my re-kindling interest in the medium. What does the average book go for nowadays? Is $3.99 a lot more or less?
Most books are $2.99. A lot of the bigger books from Marvel/DC - Justice League, Avengers, X-men, etc - are $3.99. Some come with download codes to balance out the cost if you want a hard copy and a digital version. Every now and then independent comics (like Bemis') will be priced higher, and prices can vary with page counts, anniversary issues, and so on, but most of the time you'll be paying $2.99 for a new comic.
08:19 PM on 04/04/13 
User Info.
stubbie25
No Avatar Selected
Houston, TX
Male - 25 Years Old

Expanding on what Upstart said, if you are interested in digital comics Comixology has quite a few items for 1.99 as well.
12:33 AM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
stereokiller
Nintendo FC: 0962 9717 4432
Male - 23 Years Old
Amazing avatar. That had me rolling.
07:50 PM on 05/20/13 
User Info.
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
Chicago, Il
Male - 28 Years Old
Issue #2 is great. Really lives out the song "ADMIT IT!!!"

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives