Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 499.
04:00 AM on 04/08/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Fantastic review. I'd rather read more like this than most from so called professional publications. While you describe the sound, your emphasys is in your "relationship" with the album and that's much more interesting, imo. Music isn't science...
04:05 AM on 04/08/13
Tap Dat App
Believers Never Die, Bro
User Info.
Phenomenal review. Absolutely the perfect length too. No score yet?
04:15 AM on 04/08/13
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Pretty much the review I was expecting and hoping for. This album is easily my most anticipated of the last five years; now I can't wait to hear it even more.
04:31 AM on 04/08/13
ChrisCanberg
User Info.
Fuck man that was a great read. Perfectly says how I feel about this hiatus ending.
04:34 AM on 04/08/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
Most passionate review I've read in years! People say it's all about impartiality, but this was so honest you can't help but want to pick up a copy of the album and check it out for yourself. Congrats, Jason Tate
04:36 AM on 04/08/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Terrific work Jason. And thanks for dropping Butch's name in there on the edit.
05:04 AM on 04/08/13
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
User Info.
This is an amazing review. Because of this I will obviously be listening to fob all day. That says good things about me, right?
05:05 AM on 04/08/13
animefan13LPfn1
I ate a man alive tonight.
User Info.
Fantastic review. Kudos to you, Jason, you really put what into words what a lot of people were thinking. I'm even more excited for the album now.
05:08 AM on 04/08/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
That review, especially the first and last paragraphs, is one of the most well-written pieces of writing I have read on this site. Really well done, I hope I enjoy this as much as you.
05:10 AM on 04/08/13
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
User Info.
It's always a pleasure reading your reviews Jason. Excellent job. I'm more excited than ever to experience this album for myself.
05:11 AM on 04/08/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
This may be my favorite review I've ever read. Seriously, great, great work. I can't wait to hear the record.
05:13 AM on 04/08/13
DisenShaanted
User Info.
It's monumental in a way, witnessing the moment where the J Tate of old admits he's changed. Obviously there are a ton of morons here that spray bathroom grafitti on every new post and years of calling people out with paint on their fingertips has to have gotten old. But there's no point in taking bitterness into twilight. Life is good. Your website is strong. The music we needed will always survive. I loved this review, ever-unwinding and all. This album is the first thing I've been passionate about in years. I can't wait to listen to it. And I can't wait for it to become a part of me.
05:15 AM on 04/08/13
captjacksparr0w
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just to echo what every single other person is saying, one of the most well written album reviews I've ever read. Such a pleasure to spend my time reading it. As a sidenote, though, I think it's absolutely hilarious that some dumb people are giving it shitty ratings even though they haven't heard it. Possibly in a pathetic and lame attempt to curtail the positive buzz the album is getting.
05:15 AM on 04/08/13
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
Quote:
The band's time in the limelight reached its crescendo with the release of Folie Deux, an album that was originally met with criticism and has only recently found a loyal following amongst fans as they've aged.

Definitely describes me.

Can't wait to hear SRR. Gave The Phoenix a couple listens, Volcano one spin. Waiting to hear it all in the order it's meant to now.
05:19 AM on 04/08/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Stunning review. Even if you don't agree with the final verdict, you have to give Jason credit for his writing. God, I just keep getting more and more excited about this album.
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests