Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 25 of 25
06:53 PM on 04/08/13
RyanWilliam
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What exactly do you mean by statutory rape phase? I just got an email about this band and decided to post because they're from Canada and toured with Dead and Divine... I don't really know much about them, haha.
Is that how easy it is to get press now!? Nice. Noted.
07:33 PM on 04/08/13
alexxxisonfire
OneRecordPerDay.com
User Info.
Love Taking Back The Nightlife, it's just a fun hardcore release. I can't claim to know about all that statuatory business but the vocalist is a pretty chill dude. He comes out to just about every show across Ontario to support the scene. The turnaround from a bunch of dicks just playing for fun to serious, soulful musicians did strike me as odd though and I'm not sure I buy into it, 1990 is a solid song either way IMO. It's funny that Being as an Ocean was brough up as they're now going to tour together due to fan demand. I don't know much about them but Salute e Vita is a great song.
TAKING! THE NIGHT! LIFE! BACK!
07:40 PM on 04/08/13
Djentleman
User Info.
hate their new fake positive hardcore bs

bring back the comical brocore of Taking Back The Night Life & No Saints
09:34 PM on 04/08/13
Youarcade
User Info.
I assume they got they're band name from Mean Girls.
01:10 AM on 04/09/13
andrewa5
www.facebook.com/oftemples
User Info.
FUCK YOU FUCK THIS FUCK YOUR MOTHER FUCKING LIFE.

Solid lyrics from taking back the night life aha
08:21 AM on 04/09/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
did you honestly think over 120k people "liked" an unknown band that is less than a year old.

to put this in perspective
Touche Amore - 72k likes
La Dispute - 114k
Defeater - 81k
Title Fight - 73k

edit: also you can run pages and twitter accounts through sites that detect how many fake profiles are following/like them. BAAO was at 90% fake for twitter.. sad, so sad
No, no I believe you. I figured that they were just the type of band to add randoms on Facebook and get them to like their page (Crown the Empire did this, and actually added me on Facebook back in 2010 or 11 and begged me to like their page more than once).
06:27 PM on 04/09/13
himynameisjm
IM THE SHIT
User Info.
ahhaha buncha squids
10:17 PM on 04/09/13
hotrod
2 legit 2 quit
User Info.
They'll never top this.

the only guy who knows what he's talking about on here. this album smokes the majority of the bands out there today, including hundreth who are god awful and have heart are just a rip off of it prevails who are a waay better band and a more interesting one at that.
03:08 AM on 04/10/13
Every Time I Ty
One tree per nerd!
User Info.
Don't rag on Have Heart man, they're solid. Never understood the popularity of Hundreth though.
01:32 AM on 04/13/13
Steven Pongrac
User Info.
Love Taking Back The Nightlife, it's just a fun hardcore release. I can't claim to know about all that statuatory business but the vocalist is a pretty chill dude. He comes out to just about every show across Ontario to support the scene. The turnaround from a bunch of dicks just playing for fun to serious, soulful musicians did strike me as odd though and I'm not sure I buy into it, 1990 is a solid song either way IMO. It's funny that Being as an Ocean was brough up as they're now going to tour together due to fan demand. I don't know much about them but Salute e Vita is a great song.
I've also seen the vocalist around at several shows (keep in mind that almost half of the shows I attend are in Liferuiner's hometown).

On the topic of this band's sound, I've liked most of their material. 'No Saints' was a solid album and I still listen to a few songs from time to time, even if it's only for nostalgic purposes. The new album, on the other hand, is very impressive. I've been a huge fan of this melodic hardcore/metalcore (don't crucify me for this label...I just find it to be the best way to describe the sound without using 20 words) style for a few years, and I think 'Future Revisionists' was very well done. To the people that don't like Hundredth, though, you probably won't like this release either because it's very similar.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos