Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
08:27 AM on 04/09/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Very good review. Easily my album of the year so far.
Thanks! And it's mine too, for sure.
02:28 PM on 04/09/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Very much looking forward to listening to this later. I have quite the soft-spot for their no-frills approach. It seems that most bands today try really hard to fit some trendy aesthetic, while these guys are writing consistently good rock songs that you don't need a dozen hyphens to describe.

Definitely. There's a lot going on in their sound, but it's still really easy to like their songs on first listen.

This is easily one of the best rock albums I have heard in a while. Dawes in my mind is really solidifying themselves as one of the best bands in the game.
Also, very solid review. Pretty much nailed it

Definitely can't wait to see what they do in the future. And thanks!

Nice review. Didn't know that "Hey Lover" was a cover, that disappoints me because I liked it so much. I was hoping they wrote it.

AOTY so far, and it has been a great year of music.

edit: also, more mentions need to be made about the guitar on this album. they've really stepped it up on that front as well.

Sorry! I didn't know it was a cover for awhile either, but that doesn't really impact how much I like it. Just feels like a fun, spontaneous, one-take cover to me, and I love that they put it on the album.

I was actually quite bored with this album; just doesn't click for me. I think it just has too much folk for my tastes.

Did you like their older stuff?
10:18 AM on 04/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Really well written review. I kind of miss the more Laurel Canyon sound from the last two records, but I'm sure this is going to grow on me. Such a great band. And I can't think of many people writing better songs today than Taylor Goldsmith.

I think Laurel Canyon is still in there, just not quite as obvious as it was before.

I don't think I've listened to their older stuff; reason I listened is that a friend of mine told me on FB they're going to their concert this summer, so I decided to give this a listen. Will check out their older stuff tomorrow

Well they've always had a big folk influence, so I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Thanks Craig. I've been a huge Dawes fan for years and anxiously awaited my vinyl pre order to come before sitting down with the lyrics and the record even though it's been streaming for a week now. It was worth the wait. Way to capture the essence of a great album. I think my favorite song thus far, (after "Most People" of course) is "Just My Luck". The piano part on that song is fantastic! Thanks.

My favorite song has switched like five or six times. At this point, I really just love everything. Least favorite is probably "Side Effects," but it's still a great song.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos