AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
08:34 PM on 04/10/13
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
Are there going to be any new tunes on this EP?
09:27 PM on 04/10/13
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
This is how I feel about lots of American bands, haha. Even Fall Out Boy still hasn't done a real Canadian tour... and they've been together for like 12 years now.
Actually, I would like to see a FOB/MT tour. Would work in relation to FOB's new sound.
10:42 AM on 04/11/13
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
I am praying they open for them on the September FOB arena tour. Would be magical.
It would be sweet because they have similar sound (pop-punk/rock to pure pop) trajectories. Also, I think Josh would be able to pull off Elton John's part in Save Rock & Roll relatively well, or at least do something else really cool with it.
04:33 PM on 04/13/13
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
Bummer, but not a huge surprise. Ever After hasn't even been out for 2 years yet, I understand that they might want to take a bit of a break.

Not going to lie, Marianas Trench is one of the first things I thought of when I heard Save Rock and Roll on Monday. They've definitely gone in the same direction (though Marianas Trench have never had the same "punk" ties FOB had) plus Josh and Patrick are both amazing singers. But I don't think I'd ever want to see them together, at least not in Canada. When Fall Out Boy (finally!) come here I want them to be the headliners.
I'm not sure just how big MT are in Canada, but they would work so well as openers for FOB's US run. A FOB/MT/fun. tour would just be too much.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS