Username
Password
Signing News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 44 of 44.
07:18 AM on 04/11/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Good. Probably the biggest band in Canada right now. Hope they blow up in the US. I could see them opening for fun.
08:30 AM on 04/11/13
megnla
My brain is 70% music lyrics
User Info.
I really wanna see them but of course they aren't coming anywhere near me...excited to atleast get new music
08:36 AM on 04/11/13
HeyItsAllyssa
Graphic Designer / AllyssaMarae.com
User Info.
They put on one of the best arena shows I've ever seen last October. Definitely curious to see if they can pull off the same thing in the US.

They don't say, I think it'll just be acoustic tracks or something, but I could be wrong.
The press release says 4 songs on the EP, 2 from Ever After and 2 new ones.
08:36 AM on 04/11/13
HeyItsAllyssa
User Info.
Actually, I would like to see a FOB/MT tour. Would work in relation to FOB's new sound.
I am praying they open for them on the September FOB arena tour. Would be magical.
08:40 AM on 04/11/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
The press release says 4 songs on the EP, 2 from Ever After and 2 new ones.

Cool, I believe you, the the press release I got obviously doesn't go into specifics though...
08:42 AM on 04/11/13
HeyItsAllyssa
User Info.
Cool, I believe you, the the press release I got obviously doesn't go into specifics though...
Yeah they posted it on Facebook yesterday (with some grammatical errors) but I am hoping it holds some validity lol.
08:45 AM on 04/11/13
HeyItsAllyssa
User Info.
Also I saw on Twitter that they said it would be over a year until they released a completely new album
10:42 AM on 04/11/13
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
I am praying they open for them on the September FOB arena tour. Would be magical.
It would be sweet because they have similar sound (pop-punk/rock to pure pop) trajectories. Also, I think Josh would be able to pull off Elton John's part in Save Rock & Roll relatively well, or at least do something else really cool with it.
10:49 AM on 04/11/13
HeyItsAllyssa
User Info.
It would be sweet because they have similar sound (pop-punk/rock to pure pop) trajectories. Also, I think Josh would be able to pull off Elton John's part in Save Rock & Roll relatively well, or at least do something else really cool with it.
I never even thought of Josh being featured live with them. That's a brilliant idea! If anyone can fill in Sir Elton John's shoes its definitely Josh.

Good idea ;)
11:11 AM on 04/11/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Also I saw on Twitter that they said it would be over a year until they released a completely new album

Bummer, but not a huge surprise. Ever After hasn't even been out for 2 years yet, I understand that they might want to take a bit of a break.

Actually, I would like to see a FOB/MT tour. Would work in relation to FOB's new sound.

Not going to lie, Marianas Trench is one of the first things I thought of when I heard Save Rock and Roll on Monday. They've definitely gone in the same direction (though Marianas Trench have never had the same "punk" ties FOB had) plus Josh and Patrick are both amazing singers. But I don't think I'd ever want to see them together, at least not in Canada. When Fall Out Boy (finally!) come here I want them to be the headliners.
12:01 PM on 04/11/13
surgerone
User Info.
FINALLY a Utah date.
02:08 PM on 04/11/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
They need to release a new album already. The last album was ridiculously good, even though it really shouldn't have been.

I'm hoping they don't completely continue in its direction.
06:06 AM on 04/12/13
chcougar1
User Info.
They need to release a new album already. The last album was ridiculously good, even though it really shouldn't have been.

I'm hoping they don't completely continue in its direction.
What direction is that? Slightly more poppy than edgy?

I think Ever After is their most complete (and therefore best) album. Masterpiece Theatre is obviously amazing as well, but just one slight point (literally like 96% vs. 95%) below it. haha

I can understand some (or maybe even most) thinking the opposite though. Songs like Lover Dearest don't exist on Ever After, but I think the track Ever After is one of my favorite ever.
04:33 PM on 04/13/13
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
Bummer, but not a huge surprise. Ever After hasn't even been out for 2 years yet, I understand that they might want to take a bit of a break.

Not going to lie, Marianas Trench is one of the first things I thought of when I heard Save Rock and Roll on Monday. They've definitely gone in the same direction (though Marianas Trench have never had the same "punk" ties FOB had) plus Josh and Patrick are both amazing singers. But I don't think I'd ever want to see them together, at least not in Canada. When Fall Out Boy (finally!) come here I want them to be the headliners.
I'm not sure just how big MT are in Canada, but they would work so well as openers for FOB's US run. A FOB/MT/fun. tour would just be too much.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS