Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: The Summer Set Album Stream

Posted by: Christian Wagner (04/11/13)
We are so excited to premiere the new The Summer Set album Legendary in its entirety. After self-releasing the What Money Can't Buy EP, the band signed to Fearless Records and has been slowly teasing us by releasing singles. Now, we can all finally enjoy one of this year's most anticipated releases. If you haven't yet, check out Joe's review of the record. Listen to Legendary on the band's AP.net profile and leave your thoughts in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 106
11:17 AM on 04/12/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lock this post.
11:18 AM on 04/12/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I hope this deserves a 90% like Joe says.
11:30 AM on 04/12/13
TylerSilvestri
You can call me Al
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Excited to listen, hope it's good
11:34 AM on 04/12/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
Listening to the title track first. Loved that song when they played it acoustic a while back.

Based on that song and the few others I've heard, the songs are good but WAY overproduced. Good songs though, great hooks.

Edit: Wow, they really managed to make those HIMYM references really cool and touching. Could have come across as super cheesy but it didn't.
11:37 AM on 04/12/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I hear the title track was written about How I Met Your Mother, so that's encouraging me to listen.
12:00 PM on 04/12/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
stoked to listen to this, even though some of the tracks i've already heard have lessened my excitement a bit. if joe gave it a 90%, i'll probably at least like it, even if i don't expect it to touch the band's previous work.
12:13 PM on 04/12/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
It's not a letdown on the first listen but nothing amazing though. Maybe it's a grower, but it's exactly what I thought I'd hear coming from The Summer Set.
12:16 PM on 04/12/13
TDenverFan
User Info.
Eh, a bit overproduced and not as good as I was hoping for.
12:17 PM on 04/12/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Listening now, enjoy this a lot through four tracks
12:34 PM on 04/12/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
A bunch of the songs that I disliked as stand-alones are much better in context. Not as much of a letdown, but still not my favorite.

Stand-outs are Happy For You and Legendary. Dig the direction - it fits. I'm curious what songs they bring to their live shows and how they'll translate too.

Still think the language feels a little forced and unnecessary though.

EDIT: Dia's kinda under-utilized on Heart On The Floor. Would have loved to hear more of her.

Brian's voice is polished very nicely on this. Production fits, but I'd prefer it if it were a little more stripped-down pop-rock versus pop. Preference though, and it stills works well.
12:37 PM on 04/12/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
A bunch of the songs that I disliked are better in context. Not as much of a letdown, but not my favorite.

Stand-outs are Happy For You and Legendary. Dig the direction - it fits. I'm curious what songs they bring to their live shows and how they'll translate too.

Still think the language feels a little forced and unnecessary though.
Basically all of this. The language also seems strange to me considering their intended demographic
12:46 PM on 04/12/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Basically all of this. The language also seems strange to me considering their intended demographic
Mhm. I get that some people think that language gives you the "tough" look and puts more emphasis/emotion into the song, but I think oftentimes it becomes a cop-out instead.

My younger brothers would really like this, but no way am I showing it to them.
12:47 PM on 04/12/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Mhm. I get that some people think that language gives you the "tough" look and puts more emphasis/emotion into the song, but I think oftentimes it becomes a cop-out instead.

My younger brothers would really like this, but no way am I showing it to them.
Yeah, I agree. Nevertheless, it's not a huge issue for me and I like the songs
12:58 PM on 04/12/13
jkroger
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If the guys (and Jess) are reading this, its awesome, brilliant lyrics as usual, great vocals and instrumentals...but OVERBOARD on editing. Don't get me wrong, I love it, and The Summer Set and continue to. TSS needs to strip down, do half of these acoustic and the rest just less techno-poppy, too much. Love you guys and its a great album regardless, can't wait to see what you guys do next.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests