We ask ourselves that question every day. We were at a party at yeh boy Tito (drummer)'s house one day and everyone just unanimously thought we should call ourselves Microwave. We all tried to figure out who had come up with the name first, but no one knew who did. We eventually decided it was a ghost.
2. How did this band get started?
In a storage unit in Woodstock, Georgia. Nathan had moved out west for a few years and written some music and came back and got together with Tito and everything just
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Everything from Finch and At the Drive-In to Converge and Modern Life is War. Honestly, there are a bunch of really awesome bands from Atlanta here that we're proud to be friends with. We're all huge fans of Kelsi Grammar, Word Travels Fast, Antpile, and all the many bands that include Thomas Lovejoy.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Honestly it would be cool to tour with Kelsi Grammar, Motives (NC Post Hardcore), and some of our other friends just cause they're good guys and we'd have a good time. Besides that, probably Lynrd Skynrd, Led Zeppelin, or the Beatles.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Wesley once said that Wendy's uses fresh ingredients and 'never-frozen' meat patties.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I guess people have different reasons for listening to music in general, but we try to make honest music and connect with people and we put our hearts into it.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Is Jackie Chan considered an athlete?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Absolute Punk. God.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
People putting down other bands and saying "such and such band sucks" when a band is brought up. If you don't like a band, you can still respect the fact that other people connect with that band maybe in a way that you don't.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We're a relatively new band. Haven't had a real tour yet, but the best memory we have as a band was probably a couple months ago. We played a house show which was pretty packed out and everyone in the bands and in the audience was really into it. There was just a great energy in the room, a whole lotta love. That's what it's all about.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a really great place to find new music and talk to other music lovers.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
That's a good question. Of the songs we've written, probably 'Filthy'. But, we did a cover of 'What it is to burn' by Finch a while back and that was pretty fun.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The convenience store across the street from Tito's house.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I wish I could make money appear so we could afford to go on tour and record another album right now.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Nathan drinks about a gallon of water. One time we did a huddle.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Tito isn't usually a very healthy guy, but when he gets around Bolthouse Farms bottled juice smoothies he just shines.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Mixed feelings. At least here in Atlanta we used to have 99x and 96rock growing up and now it seems like all of the rock radio stations have been replaced by more pop and hip hop stations. But, there's some cool college and independent stations around the country that play a lot of good music. The one here is WRAS 88.5 and they play some pretty awesome music. We're working on getting our music on there right now.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
The activities vary, but it seems like most of them include Alcohol.