Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Spitalfield Reunion Announcement

Posted by: Drew Beringer (04/17/13)
Spitalfield will be getting back together and heading out on a 10 year anniversary tour for Remember Right Now this June. It'll be the original lineup and they'll be heading to 10 cities. Shane Henderson & the Future Perfect and Jon Walker (ex-Panic! at the Disco) will be the direct support on the tour. In the replies, you'll find an announcement video from the band, as well as the tour dates and press release.
This tour couldn't have come at a better time, as I can't help but smile and get amped up thinking about getting in the van, hanging out, & playing some old familiar songs with some of my oldest friends. If people show up to have some fun with us, that will just be a bonus.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 174
12:30 PM on 04/17/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

Spitalfield Reunion AnnouncementWednesday, April 17th 2013 CHICAGO: It’s been 10 years since the release of Remember Right Now – the 10-track Victory Records debut record from indie/emo tastemakers Spitalfield that truly put the band on the map after forming in 1998. Upon reaching the decade mark, the band today announced 10 reunion dates including stops in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Toronto, Baltimore, and Cleveland in ‘remembrance’ of the album that inspired so many both musically and emotionally. Support comes via Shane Henderson & the Future Perfect (Valencia) and Jon Walker (ex-Panic! at the Disco).

Spitalfield spent the majority of the early-mid 2000s touring globally with bands like Fall Out Boy, Plain White Ts, Minus the Bear, Thursday, Mae, The Early November, Hey Mercedes, and countless others – not to mention releasing three full length records, starting with Remember Right Now in 2003. The album served as an influential keystone for the emo movement far ahead of its time, and was produced by Sean O’keefe – who also produced albums like Fall Out Boy’s iconic Take This To Your Grave and Plain White Ts’ breakout effort Every Second Counts. Spitalfield released their final album Better Than Knowing Where You Are in fall of 2006, and disbanded roughly a year later in 2007.

"In 2003, when our guitarist, Dan Lowder, suggested the name Remember Right Now for the record we were making – it just made sense,” explains singer/guitarist Mark Rose. “Everything in my life up until that point seemed like it was building towards something. Getting me closer & closer to something that would take me very far away. I'll never forget that feeling. Growing up, playing in a band is all I ever really wanted to do. I am truly grateful that I was able to make that shift – to take that leap into the world of recording & touring. I'm very focused on the solo material I’ve been working on, and am very excited to keep pushing forward with it. That said, this tour couldn't have come at a better time, as I can't help but smile & get amped up thinking about getting in the van, hanging out, & playing some old familiar songs with some of my oldest friends. If people show up to have some fun with us, that will just be a bonus.”

The “Remember Right Now Tour” will feature the original lineup from the album: Mark Rose on vocals/guitar, TJ Minich on bass, Dan Lowder on guitar, and JD Romero on drums. The official tour announcement comes via an exclusive video at Absolutepunk.net, which can be streamed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BlnnzbEOy8

Confirmed dates can be found below, and all tickets go on sale this Friday, April 19th:

6/7 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge

6/8 - Bloomington, IL @ Castle Theater

6/9 - Saint Louis, MO @ Firebird

6/10 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick

6/11 - Toronto, ON @ Sneaky Dees

6/12 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Smiling Moose

6/13 - Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar

6/14 - New York, NY @ The Studio at Webster Hall

6/15 - Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts

6/16 - Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop

12:32 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
User Info.
Dammit :(
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
!!!
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
If they sell out shows, your entire argument is moot.
12:36 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
If they sell out shows, your entire argument is moot.

Their "reunion tour" is playing in 200 and 300 cap venues at most. It would be pathetic if they didn't sell out these venues. So, no, it's not moot, regardless
Tilde
Rudiger.
User Info.
is this the cool announcement
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
I really like that one song a lot
Make.It.Blur
My tailwind destroyed your wings
User Info.
I loved this band, but a Stop Doing Bad Things would be something is travel to see I as heartbeat. I like Remember Right Now, but that awesome sophomore release.
12:37 PM on 04/17/13
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
HOLY SHIT BLOOMINGTON YES

I've seen Mark a ton of times solo, and oh man I'm too excited that I finally get to see Spitalfield.
12:37 PM on 04/17/13
AugustDivision
User Info.
Spitalfield, how can you do this to me? We need you in California. I love this album to death and I have been waiting for this for a long time.
12:38 PM on 04/17/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
who cares? they want to play music again together
12:38 PM on 04/17/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This is freaking awesome, but I'm super bummed there's no New England date.
12:39 PM on 04/17/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
might go to this just for the hell of it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests