Username
Password
TV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
TV
Inside AP.net

M83 Perform "Oblivion" On Kimmel

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/18/13)
In the replies you can watch M83 perform "Oblivion," the title track from the same movie, on Jimmy Kimmel.

Submitted by Ferrari333SP

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
10:59 AM on 04/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:12 AM on 04/18/13
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
Unbelievably good. Buying this right now, love me some M83.
11:27 AM on 04/18/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
I dig the album, but I was hoping for something more along the lines of Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts. This is good, but I found that Dead Cities was far more intriguing and unique.
11:30 AM on 04/18/13
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
I dig the album, but I was hoping for something more along the lines of Dead Cities, Red Seas and Lost Ghosts. This is good, but I found that Dead Cities was far more intriguing and unique.
I mean, it's not really an M83 album, it's a film score.
11:32 AM on 04/18/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
I mean, it's not really an M83 album, it's a film score.
I know, and it sounds a lot like a film score. Was hoping for something more unique from them.
12:03 PM on 04/18/13
fcbucks1
User Info.
very impressive performance, haven't listened to the soundtrack yet
12:15 PM on 04/18/13
ThirdFromTheSun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know, and it sounds a lot like a film score. Was hoping for something more unique from them.
Anthony acknowledged this, and said in pretty strong terms he was disappointed too. This was from his latest interview with Pitchfork.

He also mentioned the next score he's going to be doing is for his brother's indie film, and I'm probably going to be a lot more excited for that.
12:28 PM on 04/18/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
Anthony acknowledged this, and said in pretty strong terms he was disappointed too. This was from his latest interview with Pitchfork.

He also mentioned the next score he's going to be doing is for his brother's indie film, and I'm probably going to be a lot more excited for that.
"They needed something bigger, more orchestral; it was hard for me to be told that my music was too indie for the film. I was pissed most of the time, but this is how it works. It's like, 'Take it or leave it,' And I took it."

That interview makes things much more clear. Glad to see he is on the same page. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
12:30 PM on 04/18/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Its nice to see him being so honest, seems like a genuine guy. The new single is great, but yea the rest... just sounds like a generic soundtrack to me
12:52 PM on 04/18/13
ThirdFromTheSun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"They needed something bigger, more orchestral; it was hard for me to be told that my music was too indie for the film. I was pissed most of the time, but this is how it works. It's like, 'Take it or leave it,' And I took it."

That interview makes things much more clear. Glad to see he is on the same page. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Yep, that interview. I really wanted to like the soundtrack because I love M83 as a whole, but it just didn't connect to me. Who knows, maybe I'll give it a few more listens and jump on that Mondo pressing, but most likely not.
12:55 PM on 04/18/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
Yep, that interview. I really wanted to like the soundtrack because I love M83 as a whole, but it just didn't connect to me. Who knows, maybe I'll give it a few more listens and jump on that Mondo pressing, but most likely not.
Same.
01:23 PM on 04/18/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
I only know M83 from Midnight City, what's a good starting point to get into them
02:55 PM on 04/18/13
rsk423
User Info.
I only know M83 from Midnight City, what's a good starting point to get into them

Watch the Kim and Jesse video. It's what turned me onto them.
03:35 PM on 04/18/13
Ravelle17
master of disaster
User Info.
Or the "We Own the Sky" video:

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music