AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fall Out Boy News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rolling Stone's Fall Out Boy Article

Posted by - 04:22 PM on 04/18/13
RollingStone's article on the return of Fall Out Boy is now online.
Folie Deux was intended to be a commentary about the narcissism of American culture, but frontman Patrick Stump feels it didn't quite work. "I think a lot of that last record cycle was my fault," he says. "I had an actual dream about what the record should sound like. I tried to make that happen, but nobody was with me. I was trying to push my agenda, and that was a weird thing to do."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 129
04:29 PM on 04/18/13
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
User Info.
This is a great read. It's crazy to think Folie was so hated when it first came out that they were driven to hiatus and now it's seen as a masterpiece. Glad to see them back doing what they love with such a good album.
04:33 PM on 04/18/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I don't know... the song "Where Did the Party Go" seems to be one of their worst choices to me...
04:34 PM on 04/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't know... the song "Where Did the Party Go" seems to be one of their worst choices to me...
I think they'd agree ... it was the first one in this batch of songs they wrote, the proverbial "we can do this again" moment.
04:44 PM on 04/18/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
Great read. They handle themselves well.
04:47 PM on 04/18/13
Upstart
User Info.
Hey guys, I just read the comments on RS and pretty sure it's the equivalent of a lobotomy. Cool.

I still can't believe that people said they wished Patrick was still fat. Like, how shitty are people?
04:50 PM on 04/18/13
soccerlord357
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
man, didn't know they dreaded the Folie tour/Blink Tour THAT much, hearing Joe said that he would be drunk during shows doesn't surprise me though. Glad Pete finally acknowledged that he was overshadowing Patrick's spotlight, he's probably one of the most underrated composers in pop music.
04:56 PM on 04/18/13
jwicklun
Never forget.
User Info.
man, didn't know they dreaded the Folie tour/Blink Tour THAT much, hearing Joe said that he would be drunk during shows doesn't surprise me though. Glad Pete finally acknowledged that he was overshadowing Patrick's spotlight, he's probably one of the most underrated composers in pop music.
I remember going to one of their shows during that time. The crowd hated them, and the lack of interest when they were playing was pretty self evident. It was my first time seeing them live, and the experience wasn't too great.
04:57 PM on 04/18/13
dodge_3001
User Info.
Liked reading this article. makes me more excited to go see them in St Louis!
05:03 PM on 04/18/13
syntax omitted
User Info.
I love them and I love this new album.
05:03 PM on 04/18/13
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Didn't full appreciate Where Did the Party Go until spinning the record today. It's got that undeniable Patrick Stump vibe, I love it.

EDIT: On the topic of shows in the Folie era, there's a video of Tiffany Blews live on Youtube where you can see the crowd and they're clearly uninterested. Reading it made me think of that.
05:08 PM on 04/18/13
tell that mick
@kissmeimlazy
User Info.
Kills me, because I love the verses so much, just abhor the chorus.

Also, just came home to my vinyl of this. Two songs in and this record has taken on a completely new life. Sounds INCREDIBLE. Even with really great headphones in while I listened before, I'm picking up on so many new things in each of the songs. And the guitar work is much more noticeable.
05:09 PM on 04/18/13
jwicklun
Never forget.
User Info.
Didn't full appreciate Where Did the Party Go until spinning the record today. It's got that undeniable Patrick Stump vibe, I love it.

EDIT: On the topic of shows in the Folie era, there's a video of Tiffany Blews live on Youtube where you can see the crowd and they're clearly uninterested. Reading it made me think of that.
I remember Patrick Stump trying to get the crowd to sing along to My Winona. It was uncomfortable.
05:12 PM on 04/18/13
Quijiba
User Info.
its a guilty pleasure for me
05:19 PM on 04/18/13
scott!athedisco
User Info.
I never understood the love for FAD on here, but it's kinda cool to hear Patrick be so frank about how it was a selfish record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos