All the good band names have already been taken, Boyzone, Abba, Cannibal Corpse, Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, Sugar Babes, so we had to take what we could get.
2. How did this band get started?
We have all been in numerous bands in our individual music lifetimes. Somewhere along the way we all managed to bump into each other unintentionally and we found we shared a common interest and a mutual goal to create music we’d all like to listen to. Last Transmission is an amalgamation of all our influences.
3.What bands are you influenced by?
Too many to list , the obvious ones would be - Biffy Clyro , Led Zeppelin , Alter Bridge , The Police , Foo Fighters , QOTSA , Audioslave, Slaves to Gravity.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Led Zeppelin , Biffy Clyro , The Police , Foo Fighters - great bands
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Packet Chicken , Haribos , Bacon and coffee
6. Why should people listen to your band?
There’s always something new and different coming from us. Pushing ourselves to come out with new fresh material that’s identifiable to ourselves and our audience.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Of course Takeru Kobayashi for eating 50 hot dogs in 12minutes and 100 roasted pork buns in 12 minutes. A true world champion…….or……Usain Bolt……..Just for the name.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Everyone who was stupid enough to nominate us for a Grammy.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The music industry.
10. Memorable tour experience?
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great opportunity to showcase the band and new music.
12. What is your favourite song to play?
We enjoy playing all of our songs. Each one is different and has its own quirks. If we didn’t enjoy playing a song it wouldn’t make the set.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Wetherby Service Station.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Oasis, Now That’s What I Call Music and Wayne’s World
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Bernard’s Watch……..then we might get some shit done.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Warm up , jump up and down and listen to some loud music to get our blood flowing. Oh and of course get those pre show nerves. They will never go away.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That would ruin the surprise.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio has always been always been a great platform for new acts and thankfully seems like one that isn’t going anywhere anytime soon unlike record stores and even live music venues.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Music and the band takes up most of our lives, in between this you can find us drinking coffee and making fools of ourselves at a bar near you.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We can all actually play our instruments, we just hide it well…………..also Danny can belly dance?