Username
Password
Unsigned News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Unsigned
Inside AP.net

Unsigned Spotlight: Scholar

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (04/19/13)
I had the pleasure of spending some time in the studio with Rochester, NY's Scholar while they recorded their full-length debut, which is due out in July. The up-and-coming pop punkers are reminiscent of Rufio, Slick Shoes and old Blink 182. I filmed their recording process and teamed up with the band to create a lyric video to share with you all. Head to the replies to check out "A Hot Dog for Your Buns." If you enjoy it, you can download it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
07:30 AM on 04/19/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
07:49 AM on 04/19/13
formated4tv
tobesplays.com
User Info.
The drummer looks like he could smash the drumset with one finger with those guns.

The riffs are definitely Slick Shoes-ey, but the vocals remind me of like Amber Pacific.
07:50 AM on 04/19/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
The drummer looks like he could smash the drumset with one finger with those guns.

The riffs are definitely Slick Shoes-ey, but the vocals remind me of like Amber Pacific.
Haha the guy is a huge teddy bear! Yeah, I can hear some AP now that you mention it.
08:42 AM on 04/19/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Wow, really good song. Sounds to me as if Much The Same were covering Rufio.
08:57 AM on 04/19/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
Yeah! Good band
09:00 AM on 04/19/13
bunneh.
make moves, son
User Info.
Lots of Rochester, NY love on this site lately. I dig it!
09:17 AM on 04/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Good song but I almost didn't check it out based on the title. Do get an early Rufio vibe which is a good thing.
09:19 AM on 04/19/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Good song but I almost didn't check it out based on the title. Do get an early Rufio vibe which is a good thing.
Haha I figured the title would be 50/50 on making people want to/not want to listen. Glad you decided to!
09:52 AM on 04/19/13
iaminsane20
SUNY Cortland '15
User Info.
These guys are sweet. Saw them in Rochester when they opened up for Turnover and Young Statues in August. Very excited for the full length
10:04 AM on 04/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Haha I figured the title would be 50/50 on making people want to/not want to listen. Glad you decided to!

Haha yeah, well good job on the RIYL. most of the times that new bands are streamed on here, the "for fans of" recommendations seem kinda off. But this was spot on. Look forward to hearing more for sure.
10:11 AM on 04/19/13
Scholar
www.absolutepunk.net/scholarny
User Info.
Haha yeah, well good job on the RIYL. most of the times that new bands are streamed on here, the "for fans of" recommendations seem kinda off. But this was spot on. Look forward to hearing more for sure.

Thanks! I'm glad you decided to do what I'd hoped most would do, and not judge a hot dog by its bun.
11:58 AM on 04/19/13
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
Pretty good. Really like the guitars and drumming. Love seeing Rochester so often in the newsfeed these past days.
12:28 PM on 04/19/13
filmlerbizde
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thanks
11:48 PM on 04/19/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
The 7 song EP they have out is worth picking up, they sent me a bunch of goodies when I ordered the CD from them. Solid band, seem like really nice guys.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests