AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 82
11:58 PM on 04/21/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
Dude I have your back I would totally throwdown if some drunk douchebag started with me.

Last time I was Pennywise was at the Starland Ballroom in NJ like 2 years ago I think, all they did the ENTIRE set was bitch about Bush. I mean cool you don't like him but to complain about him for an entire set..... They would finish a song and then spend five minutes relating the war in Iraq to the song they just played. I don't know about those silly political punk rockers!

yeah you know, dont get me wrong, i have love for pennywise...i never was a part of the broham crew but when i was growing up surfing, i really connected with UNKNOWN ROAD and a bunch of other records from them in the same way i connected with NOFX, Descendents, AFI, Bad Religion, Strungout and all that stuff. I grew up surfing so the director Taylor Steele turned me onto so many bands including the very amazing Blink 182 (see Focus & Momentum)

Anyhow, im with you tho. When i go to a show, i dont wanna be at an anything anti-rally. Just play some fucking rad songs, lets rock out and have a good time and get on with it. Like, im a spiritual person, i love my spirituality, i am very aware of who i am as a person and where i stand in my religion but i also...dont want to go to a show and feel like its a full on worship show. I go for the rock and the message in the music and lyrics, but not so much the banter, unless your Dave Chappelle and can enlighten me in a way thats not preachy. ha (i rant)
12:47 AM on 04/22/08
shoop
User Info.

Haha, Alex you're such a fucking sissygirl. Fuck Alex.
01:20 AM on 04/22/08
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
What the fuck? What did they do to get beat by the cops like that?
02:33 AM on 04/22/08
moonlights
cinco de mayo!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
see, now this was basically what i was referring to, meaning, there is alot of that video that was not released to us or shown...you see a show going on and dudes getting wasted...cool, no problem with that.... then you see a video thats obviously from Waaaaay after the show was done, were some shit went down that somehow MAGICALLY didnt make youtube but all you see is the police fucking shit up. It could go either way here since we dont know the real story and the dudes who are wasted will have one, and the cops will have another.
haha, idk if you meant the situation i described also seems to be missing a part or if it was just similar to the one in the video in that that seemed to be missing the logic too...if it's the former, i was at said party so that is actually what happened, absence of logic and all (granted, the dudes that got beat down were being rather obnoxious, but not violent or anything else requiring a police throwdown, just being rather drunk and how people can react to confrontation when drunk...), if it's the latter, then yeah, the videos do seem to be missing a part but from my experience with the LA riot police (above), it might really not be anything of consequence =/

that was probably the most unclear post i've ever made in my life, sorry hahah
02:38 AM on 04/22/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
haha, idk if you meant the situation i described also seems to be missing a part or if it was just similar to the one in the video in that that seemed to be missing the logic too...if it's the former, i was at said party so that is actually what happened, absence of logic and all (granted, the dudes that got beat down were being rather obnoxious, but not violent or anything else requiring a police throwdown, just being rather drunk and how people can react to confrontation when drunk...), if it's the latter, then yeah, the videos do seem to be missing a part but from my experience with the LA riot police (above), it might really not be anything of consequence =/

that was probably the most unclear post i've ever made in my life, sorry hahah

yeah i was totally agreeing with you =) also, ill be in reno with Alkaline Trio at the new oasis, hope you can make it. if i got free tickets ill get ya in
03:34 AM on 04/22/08
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
gotta love the usa
03:43 AM on 04/22/08
Dilemma
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i must say - being from long beach, and having my fair share of cop encounters, there has to be more to the story than what is shown on those videos. long beach cops are the most laid back cops i've ever had the unfortunate task of dealing with. they generally have bigger fish to fry than to give you that ticket for having a headlight out, throwing a cigarette out the window, taking bong hits in your car, or rolling that stop sign.

sure, there's always bad apples. but i wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if they were provoked by a drunken crowd full of people trying to rebel and "fuck authority." which in reality, seems like the case given the article and videos.

sorry bro, you can't see pennywise. deal with it.
05:45 AM on 04/22/08
jcarter
The Indie Host
User Info.
I myself thought about going into law enforcement but stories like these make me glad I changed my mind. It's a sad mix when you give someone with anger issues a gun and a stick and give them a free pass to beat people without merit. I'm sure people got out of hand but there are so many other ways to handle it. Law enforcement gets it wrong so often and situations like these are an opportunity to get it right but again they failed. As a promoter I can sympathize with both sides. It's frustrating to buy a ticket and get turned away at the door. I guess the promoter should have done a better job of managing how many people were inside vs. how many tickets were still unaccounted for. Maybe a sign that said "SOLD OUT" would have been appropriate and would have avoided a lot of miscommunication.
05:59 AM on 04/22/08
SubrosaSeductiv
myspace.com/eyesontheprizenj
User Info.
i wanna sit here and say fuck the cops cause the truth is, when you mix a shit ton of dudes, the majority of the dudes being full on bro hams, and then even alot more alcohol and you tell everyone to tell the the police to fuck off, by the end of the set and many drinks into, im sure dudes are gonna still wanna party when its really time to go home or whatever and dont by the looks at it, the show was long over and dudes just weren't having it, i think some of them even thought they would just camp out there or something haha, but all in all, if you were working your job, and tons of people told you to fuck off, and you had a night stick, youd probably beat down a few drunk dudes too...

if the moon were made out of cheese, would you eat it?

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?!
06:26 AM on 04/22/08
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
Punk rock, man!
07:07 AM on 04/22/08
aircourtneys
I am faster than 80% of all snakes
User Info.
Wow thats wayyy over the top
07:11 AM on 04/22/08
brisk92
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd like everyone to think about the phrase "fuck authority". authority is legitimate power, this means power that people accept is right. Now illegitimate power, which you are referring to would be called [i]coercion[i], meaning power that people do not accept as just. So if you want to sound intelligent, or not even that, if you don't want to sound like a complete idiot, say 'fuck coercion.' It's obvious there is a missing part between the two videos taken out to make it seem that the force is excessive.
07:37 AM on 04/22/08
theappreeshpost
User Info.
I heard those pennywise fans were fighting about myspace ringtones.
07:42 AM on 04/22/08
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

a lot of females would
08:09 AM on 04/22/08
xerovision1
lies
User Info.
I'd like everyone to think about the phrase "fuck authority". authority is legitimate power, this means power that people accept is right. Now illegitimate power, which you are referring to would be called [i]coercion[i], meaning power that people do not accept as just. So if you want to sound intelligent, or not even that, if you don't want to sound like a complete idiot, say 'fuck coercion.' It's obvious there is a missing part between the two videos taken out to make it seem that the force is excessive.

i'm sure anyone really cares..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version