Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 44 of 44
10:23 PM on 04/25/13
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Best version of "For You" is on just piano at the Hammersmith Odeon in '75.
Haha almost mentioned that in my bit. Funnily enough, while I don't dig the solo songs on Greetings as much, I like "For You" more as a solo number.
10:27 PM on 04/25/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Haha almost mentioned that in my bit. Funnily enough, while I don't dig the solo songs on Greetings as much, I like "For You" more as a solo number.

Oh god, it's fucking crushing solo. His delivery on "When I found you broken on the beach" is just....fuck, he was great.

I'm a sucker for him doing anything on solo piano though. It's always incredible.
10:33 PM on 04/25/13
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Oh god, it's fucking crushing solo. His delivery on "When I found you broken on the beach" is just....fuck, he was great.

I'm a sucker for him doing anything on solo piano though. It's always incredible.
Yeah, I mean, well....

10:36 PM on 04/25/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Yeah, I mean, well....

Oh man, the one from the second disc of Live in New York, too.

Saying "For You" from the Odeon is the best is almost redundant, since that whole concert might be the best live performance any musician has ever given, anywhere, ever.
10:38 PM on 04/25/13
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Oh man, the one from the second disc of Live in New York, too.

Saying "For You" from the Odeon is the best is almost redundant, since that whole concert might be the best live performance any musician has ever given, anywhere, ever.
Whaaaaat, "The Promise" isn't on Live in NYC...

I'd probably say it is. My dad saw him a few months before that concert, the bastard.
10:44 PM on 04/25/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Whaaaaat, "The Promise" isn't on Live in NYC...

I'd probably say it is. My dad saw him a few months before that concert, the bastard.
Do you not have the two-disc DVD? Yes it is. That DVD is where I went from "I like singles and Born to Run" to "Oh my god, my life will never be the same" with Bruce. Haha.
10:45 PM on 04/25/13
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Do you not have the two-disc DVD? Yes it is. That DVD is where I went from "I like singles and Born to Run" to "Oh my god, my life will never be the same" with Bruce. Haha.
Oh shit! No I just have the CD. Gotta cop that haha
10:48 PM on 04/25/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Oh shit! No I just have the CD. Gotta cop that haha
Dude, the second disc of that shit has "Back Streets", "Don't Look Back", "Darkness on the Edge of Town", "Lost in the Flood", the acoustic version of "Born in the U.S.A.", "Jungleland", "The Promise" and "Thunder Road". I can honestly say my dad buying that for me on a whim changed my life.
10:49 PM on 04/25/13
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Dude, the second disc of that shit has "Back Streets", "Don't Look Back", "Darkness on the Edge of Town", "Lost in the Flood", the acoustic version of "Born in the U.S.A.", "Jungleland", "The Promise" and "Thunder Road". I can honestly say my dad buying that for me on a whim changed my life.
Okay yeah I'm sold haha. A few of those are on the CD too but not all
10:51 PM on 04/25/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Okay yeah I'm sold haha. A few of those are on the CD too but not all
I should buy the CD eventually if only to have the full-band versions of "Youngstown" and "Atlantic City" and to tag "41 Shots" onto Tracks somewhere.
10:55 PM on 04/25/13
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
I should buy the CD eventually if only to have the full-band versions of "Youngstown" and "Atlantic City" and to tag "41 Shots" onto Tracks somewhere.
Oh man, those full-band versions of "Youngstown" and "Atlantic City" are killer
10:56 PM on 04/25/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Nils just melts faces with that solo on "Youngstown."
10:59 PM on 04/25/13
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Absolutely, just stellar
11:50 AM on 04/26/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Haha I didn't have to worry about finals this year. Props for still doing this when you're in the middle of such a crazy time...really like reading this feature, even when I haven't heard the album.

I really wanted to do these albums this week. You'll see why in the Wild feature.

Best version of "For You" is on just piano at the Hammersmith Odeon in '75.

Have you guys ever heard any of the live shows he did for the Devils & Dust tour? Took a bunch of his older songs and re-purposed them as solo acoustic/B3 organ/piano songs. I've got an absolutely killer bootleg from that tour that I'd love to share.

I've probably posted this before, but is "Blood Brothers" on the DVD? They cut it from the CD collection even though it was arguably the definitive moment of the tour. But my God, this version is so much better than the one they cut for Greatest Hits.

"Youngstown" is so much better as a full band song than it was on Joad. I kind of think that whole album would have worked better as potent rock songs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos