AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 59 of 59
12:50 PM on 04/29/13
Takuto
User Info.
Moshing is stupid. Crowd surfing is stupid. Whether it is there or not has no bearing to me personally. The line-up hasn't changed, so how is it being marketed any different? Seriously, aside from the actual physical location, it's the same damn thing.
You're pretty much saying the festival is better off being a seated show. Plus it's pretty much a censored concert since 6 Flags doesn't allow cursing. Overall I'm happy they're changing the location/venue because it means I can get a refund since I lost interest months ago.
12:59 PM on 04/29/13
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You're pretty much saying the festival is better off being a seated show. Plus it's pretty much a censored concert since 6 Flags doesn't allow cursing. Overall I'm happy they're changing the location/venue because it means I can get a refund since I lost interest months ago.

I'm saying that if not being able to mosh or crowd surf is enough to make someone lose interest in a show, I'm probably much happier of without them there. As far as the censoring goes, I will admit, that's not good.
01:01 PM on 04/29/13
nar219
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They just updated all the info so everyone is able to pick up tickets the day of and they are only renting out a parking lot from sixflags, they have their own security so they said sixflags rules don't apply to the festival so it will still be a good time and it is a bigger space because they were selling so many tickets. Definitely a better way to go.
01:01 PM on 04/29/13
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
when I heard they were moving I assumed the Vengaboys were the Special Guest

nice
01:29 PM on 04/29/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jesus Christ, this is like three weeks away and they're making changes like this. And how in the world is Mayday Parade worthy of being some type of special guest?

Everyone who's going, though, should be riding El Toro, because it's fucking awesome
Seriously. Who the fuck cares about Mayday Parade? How are they even still a band?
And El Toro is the best roller coaster in the world.
02:03 PM on 04/29/13
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Well, this is what it says on the S&S info/Q&A page:

WILL THERE BE SECURITY?

Yes. Festival security is being provided by Griffin's Security LLC. Want to connect with Griffin's Security prior to Skate and Surf Festival? Contact them on Facebook or Twitter (@GriffinsSec). Six Flags Theme Park Security will also be on site, along with EMS services.

So I'm not sure in what capacity the Six Flags security will be there, but it looks like they are not the main security.

Hm, I guess it remains to be seen then. I know the main dispute on that All Time Low Bamboozle Roadshow set was started by Six Flags security.
02:45 PM on 04/29/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
I'm going to see Bayside, Saves the Day, Balance & Composure, Glassjaw, Streetlight Manifesto, and RxBandits. I'll definitely try to catch Mixtapes, Cartel, Daylight, Hostage Calm, Fall Out Boy, and I Call Fives.

Based on that, is there anyone else I should check out?

(Jumping up and down)

MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS
A DAY TO REMEMBER
03:14 PM on 04/29/13
jlinitz
Johnny B
User Info.

Not a fan of the self-titled?
Yeah seriously this is a solid album, also ^my favorite song from the album
03:18 PM on 04/29/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
If you had told me back in 2002, this constantly disappointing circus is what would one day carry on the name of Skate and Surf Fest, I really would've thought you were joking.
04:57 PM on 04/29/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
i like the venue change.
i've always had a blast at 6 flag shows... and it's going to be larger and in the parking lot... it's going to be fun as hell.

and it's def. more convenient for people coming from nyc and i think it will run a lot more smoothly.

- Gunz
05:00 PM on 04/29/13
George_mm
Music Mends Broken Hearts
User Info.
I really really like Mayday, but I don't really get why they're a "special guest"...
09:08 PM on 04/29/13
captaintaytay
Heart to Heart |
User Info.
i hope this goes over well
07:31 PM on 05/01/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.

Not a fan of the self-titled?
dang, that was really good

I just remember being let down like crazy by "Kids in Love" for some weird reason

thanks for the song, I was hoping someone would do what you did
07:43 PM on 05/02/13
ashley916
User Info.
I'm going to see Bayside, Saves the Day, Balance & Composure, Glassjaw, Streetlight Manifesto, and RxBandits. I'll definitely try to catch Mixtapes, Cartel, Daylight, Hostage Calm, Fall Out Boy, and I Call Fives.

Based on that, is there anyone else I should check out?
Definitely try to catch Major League! Based on the bands you listed, I think you would like them and they put on an awesome live show!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos