Username
Password

11:15 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
So watch out, you're in danger
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
The Devil Wears Prada is by far one of my favorite bands. I've listened to them from the beginning practically. I started listening to them with their Dear Love album, and loved it. It the second hardcore band I've ever listened to. Dear Love had a lot of interesting guitar sounds and drum sounds which was my main concern at the time. Then I listened to Plagues which is too heavy for me in a way. I really didn't like it as a whole. It sounds too compressed and mashed together. Then when The Devil Wears Prada moved to Ferret Records and put out With Roots Above in 2009 they really soared. That album had a lot of good guitar and drums along with solid clean vocals. Then Zombie came out which I didn't like all that much. We can discuss that below. Then Dead Throne came out and that was fantastic. One of my favorite albums of all time. Great combination of Jeremy's vocals with Mikes vocals. The keys were great. Guitar was amazing. Drums were good. Now that they moved to Roadrunner I'm scared they're gonna go mainstream and suck.
01:16 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
KingoftheOzon3
Just like jon bon jovi did.
Atlanta, GA
Male - 23 Years Old
so what would you like us to say?
01:18 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
Highgarden
Male - 22 Years Old
hahaha
01:43 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
Staff Member
arent they in the studio right now?
01:50 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
JPA917
@JPA05
Murfreesboro, TN
Male - 22 Years Old
The new song they are playing live is pretty sick.
01:53 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
RobbieBerns
"We are the Lionel"
Raleigh, NC
Male - 20 Years Old
Great thread.
02:42 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Not going to go mainstream rock. They will likely go the way of AILD, and become a successful metalcore band within the "New England" metalcore sound. Not to nitpick, but confused to how you felt Plagues sounded worse. First 4 records were done by Joey Sturgis and Plagues kind of a defining record for him - sounded much better IMO.

Personally, DT was overall boring. No vocal variation compared to past efforts. It was a solid metalcore album but just not classic material and stands out as my least favorite TDWP outing.
02:43 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
nobleburden
-
02:46 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
Jamestown, NY
Male - 27 Years Old
02:58 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
PetitnaindesÎles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
France
Male - 19 Years Old
reminds me of that dude who constantly tell us about how The Used are the best band in the history of ever, would read again
03:07 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
barkjon
we were a roman candle
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old

Best thread, even
03:20 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Welp
03:40 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
The Devil Wears Prada is by far one of my favorite bands. I've listened to them from the beginning practically. I started listening to them with their Dear Love album, and loved it. It the second hardcore band I've ever listened to. Dear Love had a lot of interesting guitar sounds and drum sounds which was my main concern at the time. Then I listened to Plagues which is too heavy for me in a way. I really didn't like it as a whole. It sounds too compressed and mashed together. Then when The Devil Wears Prada moved to Ferret Records and put out With Roots Above in 2009 they really soared. That album had a lot of good guitar and drums along with solid clean vocals. Then Zombie came out which I didn't like all that much. We can discuss that below. Then Dead Throne came out and that was fantastic. One of my favorite albums of all time. Great combination of Jeremy's vocals with Mikes vocals. The keys were great. Guitar was amazing. Drums were good. Now that they moved to Roadrunner I'm scared they're gonna go mainstream and suck.

The 2nd Hardcore band. I'm assuming the first was Chiodos? Definitely two giants of Hardcore.
04:04 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
So you were 9 when you started to listen to them?
04:23 PM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
CoopDawg
My sun soaked skin...
Black Mesa Research...
G-Man - 22 Years Old

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles