Password

12:41 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old

WARNING: ENTHUSIASM AHEAD.
Truly blown away by how hilarious this was. I had to stop and take a few extended breaks because I was laughing so hard and didn't want to miss anything. Starring and co-created by former Youtube sensation and (immensely talented in his own right) stand-up comic Bo Burnham, the show centers around Zach Stone (Burnham) forgoing college and using all his savings to make a reality show about himself. It premieres on MTV this Thursday, but the first episode is out there. This comes so highly recommended.

EDIT: Bo also recently did a reddit AMA that, amongst many other things, talked fairly in depth about the upcoming show.
01:02 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I'm skeptical of anything MTV does, since the last thing I've found enjoyable on the channel was Beavis and Butthead, but I like Bo Burnham, and I hold Cody's recommendations in high regard so I will be checking this out.
01:06 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
Orgasmville, NA
Otherkin
Stoked out the ass for this.
01:15 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm skeptical of anything MTV does, since the last thing I've found enjoyable on the channel was Beavis and Butthead, but I like Bo Burnham, and I hold Cody's recommendations in high regard so I will be checking this out.
Bo's rationale behind the show being on MTV might assuage your worries a little bit:

Originally Posted by Bo Burnham
The show itself is about a young, obnoxious kid who desperately wants to become famous in any way possible. And MTV seems to be the place that has sort of cultivated and nurtured that mindset. So I figured, where better to start this conversation about fame and its strange impacts on young people than the belly of the beast!
02:41 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
BroekHosen
In my dreams we drift away
S. Carolina
Female - 25 Years Old
So excited for this
02:54 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
Whooooooaoaoaaaaaa this is gonna be so rad wow
04:26 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old

WARNING: ENTHUSIASM AHEAD.
Truly blown away by how hilarious this was. I had to stop and take a few extended breaks because I was laughing so hard and didn't want to miss anything. Starring and co-created by former Youtube sensation and (immensely talented in his own right) stand-up comic Bo Burnham, the show centers around Zach Stone (Burnham) forgoing college and using all his savings to make a reality show about himself. It premieres on MTV this Thursday, but the first episode is out there. This comes so highly recommended.

EDIT: Bo also recently did a reddit AMA that, amongst many other things, talked fairly in depth about the upcoming show.

This is very ehh at best.
04:29 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
This is very ehh at best.
What is? The promo or the actual show?
04:31 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
cautiously curious
04:58 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
1st episode was decent but that entire funeral scene had me dying.
05:02 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
1st episode was decent but that entire funeral scene had me dying.
"Hangin' with Zach!" followed immediately by the crash into the bannister made my chest hurt. I was laughing so hard, haha.
06:41 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
"Hangin' with Zach!" followed immediately by the crash into the bannister made my chest hurt. I was laughing so hard, haha.

When he said shes black. She's black? She's black! Deal with it, Dad! I fucking lost it. Then he starts beat boxing.
06:47 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
rbf737
I just watched the pilot. I'm a big Bo Burnham fan, Words Words Words had me in stitches when I first saw it. Anyway I thought the pilot was all right and had its moments. The show definitely has a lot of potential and I'll be checking it out again in the future.
08:59 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
just.Starla.
I put my bra on one boob at a time
Georgia
Female - 24 Years Old
I'll probably end up watching because I like Bo. I'm not a fan of scripted MTV shows, so this could go either way for me.
09:46 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
What is? The promo or the actual show?

Both. I suppose I shoulda just kept my mouth shut, but I didn't even so much as crack a smile during the promo, and I'm not a Bo Burnham fan. I think he's way too internet to be funny. I thought about smiling for that Miley Cyrus joke though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos