AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Frank Turner Video

Posted by - 01:06 PM on 05/08/13
You can watch Frank Turner's new video for "The Way I Tend To Be" in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
01:06 PM on 05/08/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
01:08 PM on 05/08/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
"Love is about the all changes you make and not just three small words."

Probably the best line on the whole album.

video itself was cool but kinda weird. I donno. ultimately not super memoriable.
01:17 PM on 05/08/13
tht1guyb
El Capitán
User Info.
reminds me of when Forrest Gump ran for no reason... I dig it (see what I did there?!?!) i'm lame
01:21 PM on 05/08/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
Loved the video. Very moving. While I don't exactly know what Frank might have been going for with the video, I think a YouTube commenter had a good take on it:
Quote:
Seamus Heaney famously uses the image of digging as a metaphor for writing poetry and rediscovering his roots. The honesty and introspection involved in Frank's music is sometimes very resonant of this attitude, if not style. Thus the crowds and interest gathered around the digging becomes a metaphor for the strange relationship between personal reflection and public music. While I have no idea whether this was Frank's intentions with this video, but I still think that it's a beautiful image.
01:43 PM on 05/08/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I don't know if it's because I discovered Frank Turner later in his career or what but I thought 'England Keep my Bones' was his best album... Until Tape Deck Hearts came out! I hear a lot of negative comments about this new album but I think it is one of the best pieces of music I've heard in a long long time! I love this new album, it will most definitely make my top 10 AOTY, I hope other people feel the same.
01:45 PM on 05/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Best song on the album.
02:10 PM on 05/08/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I thought the video was just basically him digging himself a hole deeper and deeper which seems like a huge deal at the time until he finally gets out of it only to show he's clearly done it many times before and probably will again. A metaphor for fucking up in relationships that would fit the general theme of the record.
02:10 PM on 05/08/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Also I'd probably give Broken Piano or Plain Sailing Weather the title of best song on the album but this one's not too far behind.
02:24 PM on 05/08/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
I thought the video was just basically him digging himself a hole deeper and deeper which seems like a huge deal at the time until he finally gets out of it only to show he's clearly done it many times before and probably will again. A metaphor for fucking up in relationships that would fit the general theme of the record.
I like this a lot more
03:01 PM on 05/08/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
some interesting interpretations on this thread, well done. I wouldn't put 'The Way I Tend to Be' as the best song on the record, but I'd put it in the bunch of the great ones. Plain Sailing Weather, Polaroid Picture and Recovery touched me more, so to speak.
04:58 PM on 05/08/13
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
When I'm in the right mood this is the best song on the record.
05:51 PM on 05/08/13
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
Also I'd probably give Broken Piano or Plain Sailing Weather the title of best song on the album but this one's not too far behind.

Agreed. All three songs are great. Broken Piano is an absolutely beautiful track.
06:34 PM on 05/08/13
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
Best song on the album.
hell fucking yea
06:48 PM on 05/08/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
My favourite song of his, so glad this is the next single.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos