Our band name was supposed to be a symbol for our diversity and appearence in lots of different genres, like the huge system of mycelia of a fungus.
2. How did this band get started?
Spending their vacation in a quiet mountain town called St. Croix, Marc Trummer and Michael Schmid took advantage of the free time and wrote a few songs together. As they didn't match the style of the band they were playing with
at that time at all, they were looking for a second guitarist, bassist and vocalist to play the songs in their spare time. Some weeks later they found the missing artists and started writing further songs and performing live under the bandname "Mycelia"
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Human Abstract, Meshuggah, Veil of Maya, Between the Buried and Me, The Dillinger Escape Plan
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
It would be a huge honor for us to tour with Queen. It was a band that was looming large in each of our childhoods.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything that helps having a normal bowel movement.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Listening to our music for the first time might let you hear a normal deathmetal band with some tricky riffs. But really taking in the music is a mind expanding and psychedelic trip that broadens your horizon.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Thomas Henry Clifford
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We think bands shouldn't be in competition. They should rather be helping each other out, as there are so many amazing musicians out there sadly nobody will ever hear of.
10. Memorable tour experience?
A really memorable moment was the first time our vocalist announced a song on stage and the audience seemed to respond to the song name in a very positive way. It was the first time we actually saw that people not only enjoy our gigs,
but take their time to listen to our songs and look forward to hearing them live.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
To be honest, nothing at all..
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Ectoparasite and Permanent Intoxication
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
As it has brought us some awesome and unforgettable moments: Amsterdam
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Queen, Classical Music
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Having a smoke, having a drink and taking a good old dump to ease the tension.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Thomas Henry Clifford joins each band rehearsal
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We believe that our music is not taken to the right audience by radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Playing music, writing music, experimenting with new genres, spending time as a band and go out drinking, playing Mario Kart, or having a blast with Thomas H. Clifford.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Our bassist Roy can put his whole fist in his mouth.