AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Trees Above Mandalay Breaks Up; Announces Final Shows

Posted by - 12:46 PM on 05/10/13
Trees Above Mandalay is breaking up. The band will be playing two finals show in July. Read a statement from the band in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
12:46 PM on 05/10/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
StatementDearest friends,

The time has come for Trees Above Mandalay to call it quits.

Our final two performances will take place in July, in Richmond, VA and Northern, NJ. More details will be announced soon.

We will be following up on this in more detail with a more lengthy statement (that will probably be way too long for you to read), but please know that this was a completely mutual decision between all of us. It is just simply time to move on at this point.

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for the most amazing 6+ years of our lives. The party is NOT over just yet. Let's have one hell of a ball these last few shows.

You all mean the world to us.

Love,
Trees

P.S. - We are playing a headline show at Canvas Clash in Boonton, NJ, tomorrow, May 11th. This will be the last time you can see us before we're all sappy for our final performances in July!
01:13 PM on 05/10/13
MrDelux
User Info.
Could never get into these guys, but It seems they are well respected.
01:53 PM on 05/10/13
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Boooo.
02:06 PM on 05/10/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
Aw man :/ It was good to hang out with these guys the last time they came around. They're the nicest dudes.
02:45 PM on 05/10/13
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
They were a big part of the local scene for at least the last five years. I remember them kicking off Royden's final show in '08. Good times. They will be missed.
03:08 PM on 05/10/13
Dylan_Andrew
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
:'(
05:56 PM on 05/11/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
They were a big part of the local scene for at least the last five years. I remember them kicking off Royden's final show in '08. Good times. They will be missed.
If that was your local scene, do you know of a band called My Aim is True? They're from the same place I think. They added me on MySpace in like '07, and they released one of my top 5 pop punk albums ever. They never made it from anything more than a local though.
06:07 PM on 05/11/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Their new EP like just came out, I feel they didn't give themselves enough time in the spotlight. I know they've been around for a while but they were just starting to break into bigger markets.
07:48 PM on 05/11/13
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
If that was your local scene, do you know of a band called My Aim is True? They're from the same place I think. They added me on MySpace in like '07, and they released one of my top 5 pop punk albums ever. They never made it from anything more than a local though.
The name definitely sounds familiar. Probably saw them a few times over the years.
08:18 PM on 05/11/13
j'aime_lacey
Lacey Caroline
User Info.

Lol oh Vernon bands.....
03:16 PM on 05/12/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Were they A Dying Declaration? If so, reunite now!
06:01 AM on 05/13/13
Miss Heartcore
If I look back, I am lost.
User Info.
wasnt my aim is a true a total ADTR knockoff band?
07:18 PM on 08/12/13
colean
Leandro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sad to hear it but they do have such great records that will remain alive, so it is time to let the art lives on! Love this band!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos