Username
Password

02:31 PM on 05/10/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
I used to be friends with this girl a few years ago who I randomly met through a Manchester Orch. show. We got closer every month, seeing each other at others shows and such. We became pretty good friends after awhile and talked on the phone and stuff. She had good taste in music and other things, and definitely admired my tastes as well. After awhile she became kind of obsessive and it became bothersome. I wanted to be her friend but it was clear she wanted much more, no matter what I did she wouldn't just like "chill out" even if I was being gross or mean. I tried to talk to her friend about it (who knew she dug me) and it didn't really help. No matter what weird things I did she would continue to like leach off me, I finally just stopped talking to her for awhile and she left me alone. Months later I realized I missed her and tried to talk to her and it was alright for awhile but then she started going out with a new guy (finally) and every time I talked to her since then she's been a giant B**ch. I've apologized but it hasn't really done much, I figured I'd just leave her alone for now and maybe after they break up we would be cool again. If not than what ever but I guess it kind of sucks. Any thoughts?
02:51 PM on 05/10/13 
User Info.
MKMN
___
Canada
Male - 19 Years Old
You shouldn't feel like too much of a dick. It's really awkward when someone is overbearing and constantly too much, and trying to talk to her friend about it and then taking a break is a pretty reasonable thing to do. She seems to be immature if she's being a bitch because she has another guy who wants to date her now that you are trying to talk to her again. I don't really think you did anything that could be called being a dick unless you like told her off or something, seems like you just needed some space and now you're missing a friend and they're being a bitch because you didn't lie and be fake about what you wanted - a friendship.

That's what I'm getting from this anyway, could be totally wrong. If she's being a bitch when you try being friendly, I wouldn't even talk to her. Wait a little bit, to let things cool down, and then try and talk to her. Would it be possible to bring up how she's acting rude? If so, you could always do that. I don't know man, best of luck to ya.
03:19 PM on 05/10/13 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
let's see. a girl liked you. you didn't like her. you dropped her like a bad habit. she moved on. you start liking her. she is no longer interested. sorry to say it but you just gotta move on. you aren't the first guy to f*ck up a good thing.
04:37 PM on 05/10/13 
User Info.
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
Lisboa, Portugal
Male - 27 Years Old
I'd say that's a good decision. just ler her break up with the guy, wait a few months and then see how it goes.
04:40 PM on 05/10/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
You have a good plan. Once she loses that guy she'll begin sniffing around for dick again, that's when you appear.
05:47 AM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
CastlesXClouds
Relax
San Diego,...
Male
You have a good plan. Once she loses that guy she'll begin sniffing around for dick again, that's when you appear.
sniffing around for dick
07:40 AM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
eriatarka24
I figured I'd just leave her alone for now and maybe after they break up we would be cool again. If not than what ever but I guess it kind of sucks.

Do that.

I mean, bringing up how she's being a bitch won't help. It's pretty much her giving a 'taste of your own medicine", since you could have just said "Sorry I'm not interested, I just want to be friends", and if she kept bothering you after that, walk away / ignore her, etc.

Of course I don't know if doing that instead of acting awkward/mean would change her current attitude (since you did say she was obsessive) so at this point it's best to just leave it alone like you suggested. After all it will give her the message that she's not getting to you + you don't care, that will probably bother her too.
07:44 AM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
You shouldn't feel like too much of a dick. It's really awkward when someone is overbearing and constantly too much, and trying to talk to her friend about it and then taking a break is a pretty reasonable thing to do. She seems to be immature if she's being a bitch because she has another guy who wants to date her now that you are trying to talk to her again. I don't really think you did anything that could be called being a dick unless you like told her off or something, seems like you just needed some space and now you're missing a friend and they're being a bitch because you didn't lie and be fake about what you wanted - a friendship.

That's what I'm getting from this anyway, could be totally wrong. If she's being a bitch when you try being friendly, I wouldn't even talk to her. Wait a little bit, to let things cool down, and then try and talk to her. Would it be possible to bring up how she's acting rude? If so, you could always do that. I don't know man, best of luck to ya.

You're pretty spot on, I think if I tried bringing it up she'd just respond in an even more rude manner so I don't think I'll bother honestly haha
07:45 AM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Do that.

I mean, bringing up how she's being a bitch won't help. It's pretty much her giving a 'taste of your own medicine", since you could have just said "Sorry I'm not interested, I just want to be friends", and if she kept bothering you after that, walk away / ignore her, etc.

Of course I don't know if doing that instead of acting awkward/mean would change her current attitude (since you did say she was obsessive) so at this point it's best to just leave it alone like you suggested. After all it will give her the message that she's not getting to you + you don't care, that will probably bother her too.

I actually did say that to her, didn't do much at all sadly
07:47 AM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
eriatarka24
I actually did say that to her, didn't do much at all sadly

Then I guess I was also right about being skeptical about her attitude not changing. This brings me to my next point - I think you're better off moving on entirely.
08:56 AM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
People regret being a dick?
06:59 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
crimsonandclovr
Halt. Hammerzeit.
Baltimore/DC
Female - 25 Years Old
let's see. a girl liked you. you didn't like her. you dropped her like a bad habit. she moved on. you start liking her. she is no longer interested. sorry to say it but you just gotta move on. you aren't the first guy to f*ck up a good thing.

I want to frame this. Or maybe print it out and mail it to every guy I've ever dated.
09:07 PM on 05/11/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
For the record harry didn't understand the fact that I said "Friend" a million times and nothing else. Not everyone wants to get in you pants man.
12:07 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
Chalie22
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
It looks like the more you ignored her the closer she got.
06:43 PM on 05/12/13 
User Info.
mrgenious
the sugary smell of spring time
Missouri
Male - 22 Years Old
sniffing around for dick
this needs to catch on.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives