AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

X-Change & Good Money - 05.14.13

Interviewed by: Jeremy Aaron (05/14/13)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

X-Change & Good Money

www.nitelifealbum.com
www.elogikal.com
www.youtube.com/elogikalmusic

1. How did you get your band name?

X-Change got his name for his ability to cross over genres of music while producing and writing songs. Good Money used to respond to people's daily question of "how are you doing" with "I'm good money" meaning I'm OK and good, and then the name just stuck. When the two met up to create the album, they looked at many different unique names, but X-Change & Good Money had a ring to it that everyone started calling them.

2. How did this band get started?

We met up to do a few tracks for a Good Money solo project and after working on those and MCing together at Movement 2011, we realized thier was a great chemistry both in the studio and live between us and decided to get started on a full length album.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

We are influenced by all types of music and genres. X-Change has a deep EDM background but at the same time grew up listening to bouncy hip-hop. So he has influences ranging from Benny Banassi to 50 Cent back to Afrika Bambaataa all the way to Kanye West and more. Good Money grew up listening to Uncle Luke, NWA and George Clinton but in his teen years he starting listening to Nickleback and Greenday.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Usher - very good positive dance type crowd; Up in Smoke Tour - The energy of this was insane and would have been a blast to be a part of; Britney Spears - great dancing and stage presence along with coordination and planning

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Nacho Pizza - this is X-Change's creation where he takes Nacho chips puts pepperoni on them with mozzarella cheese; Good Money is just happy with his bucket of chicken (fried that is with plenty of hot sauce on the side)

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We like to bring a lot of energy and fun to our tracks as well as mix in some comedy elements to make you smile and have a good time. If you're down and having a bad day then listen to our music and get lifted up - there is no better feeling to us

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

X-Change - Lebron James - I already love playing basketball, but to be tall and dunk like that - come on!! ; Good Money - Race car driver like Jeff Gordon! That way I can get paid to speed!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Our parents and everyone who helped support over the years of hard work and times through everything in the music - fans fans fans fans!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

That people realize how much work goes into this and pay the artists who are putting their entire life into this for the music. Everyone is cool with artists when things are free, but then it's impossible for the artist to even support themselves. This is more than a job, it's a whole life - I mean there are no weekends, there are no off days but there is no overtime either.

10. Memorable tour experience?

When we had 2 performances scheduled in the same day, but one got fire marshaled so we had to redo the entire set 30 minutes before show time and then perform a brand new never rehearsed set live for thousands of people.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

A good home for independent musicians to get their music heard for an audience that appreciatees something different.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Assuming this means for us to perform, we love doing "Yeah It's Going Down" because of the way the chorus bounces back and forth between us along with the energy the track brings to the crowd especially when everyone is jumping in rhythm to the track.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

X-Change - Tough choice between Miami and LA - Miami more for partying, LA more for that Cali chill lifestyle. Good Money - Brazil! The beaches are some of the best in the world.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

X-Change - Backstreet Boys & NSync - cuz my sister would not stop playing those albums! Good Money - Kid n Play, all the house party movies and the famous dance.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

X-Change - Teleportation - so I can get back and forth to Miami and LA faster. Good Money - Fly - so I can get away from it all and just be one with the sky

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

X-Change - caffeine, Good Money - pray

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

X-Change - I have a masters degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Michigan - Ann Arbor ; Good Money - That I can build a race car from the ground up.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Radio overplays songs and almost makes you not like your favorite song anymore. But we believe our music could fit right into their format and be very successful.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time? What is spare time?

X-Change likes to do architecture and interior design and Good Money likes to sleep.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

None really - we share it all to the world.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums