2's&3's
deep in thoug...
User Info.
reallly enjoying this.
09:03 AM on 05/16/13
Kuri44
Bank
User Info.
I'm enjoying this a lot. I've always liked The Wonder Years more (though not really a big fan of each anyway) but I'm liking this record more than The Greatest Generation. I don't know, I'll have to give that album another listen, I was actually sick and exhausted when I listened to it, so that may have been a problem, but at the same time I really didn't get the praise for it, there was nothing that was breathtaking or jaw dropping, just a pop punk band being a pop punk band. Sounded like something a band could've done 13 years ago with not much stress or trouble like TWY seemed to have gone through, according to them. They didn't say that word by word, but something along the lines of that.
09:09 AM on 05/16/13
Ryan Dennehy
Who cares
09:11 AM on 05/16/13
brettrsd
User Info.
This is pretty good. The first proper album had more tempo changes (montrose, darkness everybody), but this is far and away decent on every level. Their old stuff had the more stop/start type of style, and that's what I like the most. I'm only halfway through, so maybe there's more..
09:22 AM on 05/16/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
This album is fine, much better than the S/T at least, but please don't compare this to TGG.
09:28 AM on 05/16/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Please pre-order this if you like it. Spotify leaked the album.
09:32 AM on 05/16/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
This album is fine, much better than the S/T at least, but please don't compare this to TGG.

I love The Wonder Years, they probably are my favourite band, but people are allowed to have opinions. They're allowed to like this album more than The Great Generation.

Are The Wonder Years fans going to become the next Brand New fans or something?
09:35 AM on 05/16/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
I love The Wonder Years, they probably are my favourite band, but people are allowed to have opinions. They're allowed to like this album more than The Great Generation.

Are The Wonder Years fans going to become the next Brand New fans or something?
I'm not a huge TWY fan. TGG is the only album of theirs I like all the way through. I meant don't compare them in the sense that the bands are almost playing two very different kinds of pop-punk at this point. It's just unnecessary.
09:36 AM on 05/16/13
nick_smizzle
@nick_smizzle
User Info.
yeah someone fucked up, didn't they?
09:38 AM on 05/16/13
awesomo91
I'm super cereal right now.
User Info.
enjoyed real talk and the selftitled very much. can't tell yet if this will hit me again. but i have a question.
is it possible that their music is always underproduced or does it only sound to me that way? it doesn't mean that i think it's bad but the vocals are so 'unclear' always. i have the same problem with jimmy eat world's 'i will steal you back'. it all would be so much better just if the songs were produced better.
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
sucks for MO, but zac lashing out at absolutepunk and altpress is really childish.
2hxc4you
I hate my username so much
User Info.
I'm not a huge TWY fan. TGG is the only album of theirs I like all the way through. I meant don't compare them in the sense that the bands are almost playing two very different kinds of pop-punk at this point. It's just unnecessary.
I get what you mean and I agree completely
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.

Well, that didn't come across in your comment. Even if they are different styles of pop-punk, they're bound to get compared considering that they're being released so close together.
09:39 AM on 05/16/13
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
Don't think this was supposed to be streamed so i'll wait to listen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos