Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 192.
09:41 AM on 05/16/13
2hxc4you
I hate my username so much
User Info.
I'm enjoying this a lot. I've always liked The Wonder Years more (though not really a big fan of each anyway) but I'm liking this record more than The Greatest Generation. I don't know, I'll have to give that album another listen, I was actually sick and exhausted when I listened to it, so that may have been a problem, but at the same time I really didn't get the praise for it, there was nothing that was breathtaking or jaw dropping, just a pop punk band being a pop punk band. Sounded like something a band could've done 13 years ago with not much stress or trouble like TWY seemed to have gone through, according to them. They didn't say that word by word, but something along the lines of that.
"Sounded like something a band could've done 13 years ago with not much stress or trouble like TWY seemed to have gone through" ... yeah that makes no sense.
09:41 AM on 05/16/13
RobotOrel213
Born Howling, Still Swinging
User Info.
Such a weird situation with this and Spotify haha. Album's pretty good though, Open Season's a highlight.
09:42 AM on 05/16/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
yeah someone fucked up, didn't they?
Spotify put it up 12 days early. A kid ripped it
09:43 AM on 05/16/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Well, that didn't come across in your comment. Even if they are different styles of pop-punk, they're bound to get compared considering that they're being released so close together.
Doesn't mean they should be Just enjoy each album for what is it.
09:44 AM on 05/16/13
nick_smizzle
@nick_smizzle
User Info.
Spotify put it up 12 days early. A kid ripped it
well yeah, when there's a stream, there's a rip. but spotify wasn't supposed to put it up, were they?
09:46 AM on 05/16/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
well yeah, when there's a stream, there's a rip. but spotify wasn't supposed to put it up, were they?
No, absolutely not. The distributor messed up.
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
Zac cursing out both APs is just childish. This is only Spotify's fault -- how were news outlets supposed to know its a mistake?
astereo
east coast
User Info.
I was so confused this morning when I woke up and had a Spotify notification that heart attack was available.. it sucks for them but in the end it's highly probable the album would have been streaming somewhere next week, in which case it would have been ripped then.
09:47 AM on 05/16/13
Soupy
User Info.
Bummer to see spotify dropped the ball. The silver lining though is that, it you listen and love it, there's still time to grab a cool preorder package. Proud of my buds.
09:47 AM on 05/16/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well Man Overboard are really taking this like a bunch of 5 year olds.
09:48 AM on 05/16/13
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
sucks for MO, but zac lashing out at absolutepunk and altpress is really childish.
Seriously, if this wasn't supposed to happen, it's either Spotify or Rise's fault. Since Spotify had an exclusive on Wide Awake, it wasn't a far stretch to assume that the stream was also intentional. To get mad at sites reporting that a highly anticipated new album is available from what is considered a legal mean is pretty shitty, although having your shit "leaked" by such a source has to blow nuts.

Well Man Overboard are really taking this like a bunch of 5 year olds.

Anyone remember the Man Overboard that released Real Talk for sale the moment they heard their record leaked, literally beating the spread of the album through the internet? The one that made a good thing out of a bad situation?
09:48 AM on 05/16/13
nick_smizzle
@nick_smizzle
User Info.
No, absolutely not. The distributor messed up.
i figured, it was weird, rise always does youtube
09:49 AM on 05/16/13
nick_smizzle
@nick_smizzle
User Info.
Bummer to see spotify dropped the ball. The silver lining though is that, it you listen and love it, there's still time to grab a cool preorder package. Proud of my buds.
truth!
09:51 AM on 05/16/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
sucks for MO, but zac lashing out at absolutepunk and altpress is really childish.
I agree. Was gonna listen to the album but now that I see Zacs tweet I'm not interested much anymore. Grow up dude.
09:55 AM on 05/16/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this sucks i live in canada

that was random...
so what do you think of the album?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates