AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Versa Emerge News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

VersaEmerge Drop Off Warped Tour

Posted by - 10:51 AM on 05/17/13
VersaEmerge has dropped off this summer's Warped Tour. They aren't breaking up though and they may release some new music one day.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 46
10:51 AM on 05/17/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
VersaEmerge Drop Off WarpedHello everyone,

We’re very sorry to say that we are canceling our appearance on this summer’s Van’s Warped Tour. This was not an easy decision and we sincerely apologize to the Vans Warped Tour and to anyone who planned to see us this summer. We are still going through some important changes that would be unjustifiable and inexcusable to rush.

Do not fear! We are not splitting up. We’ve been working hard towards an exciting and much needed reorganization. It has taken quite a long time to solidify what direction we want to go in and but have we finally figured that out. We’re challenging ourselves daily with self-producing A LOT of new material. So look forward to some new songs… Very very soon. (FOR REAL THIS TIME)

We know that we haven’t made any major announcements in these past few months, and we cannot thank you enough for hanging in there with us throughout this vast period of silence.

We hear you guys!

We will be releasing some more information in the weeks to come concerning future plans and new music…

Much love,
Blake & Sierra
10:56 AM on 05/17/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
They might release new music, but not under that name.
10:57 AM on 05/17/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
i think they're off FBR and they're going to release the experimental/spacey album that they wanted in the first place, not the stuff that their label is forcing them to do. i mean what else could "self producing a lot of new material" mean? that they're going to release independently, no? i'm glad. i wouldn't have wanted to see them on warped playing the same songs over and over. and the really bad "electro-rock" vibe they took didn't go over well, obviously.
10:57 AM on 05/17/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
You mean they're not going to be called VersaEmerge anymore? Do you know this for a fact?
11:13 AM on 05/17/13
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
5 cent wing? or was that someone else...?
11:19 AM on 05/17/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
You mean they're not going to be called VersaEmerge anymore? Do you know this for a fact?

No, not a fact, but just a prediction given how FBR bands tend to end up these days.
11:23 AM on 05/17/13
RyanWilliam
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wait, I thought she just won The Voice ;)
11:26 AM on 05/17/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I definitely thought it was a little weird they were playing Warped with no other momentum going for them, so this doesn't really surprise me. Especially with them not having a permanent bassist or a drummer. It seems like they're off their label too, or that the label isn't stoked on what they're doing, at least. Even though I dug the new songs, it seemed like there was a higher chance of them sounding bad live than good. Probably for the best they dropped off the tour.
11:29 AM on 05/17/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Tens of people are devastated
11:31 AM on 05/17/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i think they're off FBR and they're going to release the experimental/spacey album that they wanted in the first place, not the stuff that their label is forcing them to do. i mean what else could "self producing a lot of new material" mean? that they're going to release independently, no? i'm glad. i wouldn't have wanted to see them on warped playing the same songs over and over. and the really bad "electro-rock" vibe they took didn't go over well, obviously.

It could mean they're producing it themselves? As in the songs?
11:36 AM on 05/17/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
It could mean they're producing it themselves? As in the songs?
You don't need to be like that, lol. I'm saying this because they were originally working with Andrew Dawson and Shaun Lopez. It looks like they've started from scratch. So I'm going to assume there are label issues as well.
11:36 AM on 05/17/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
11:37 AM on 05/17/13
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
I hope that's really what's happening
11:41 AM on 05/17/13
choice-of-fate
Groezrock represent.
User Info.
No, her terrible live performances prevented that from happening.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos