Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 35.
12:42 PM on 05/20/08
keeplioving
sell my old clothes
User Info.
I think the vocals are the low point of this album, I don't mind the lyrics at all. I just get tired of listening to him sound like he's falling asleep or having an asthma attack.

I think that the vocals are a high point like I think they've always been. but then again, I do like singers with that kind of sleepy voice (i.e. Leigton/Lydia)
12:54 PM on 05/20/08
anamericangod
User Info.
I think that the vocals are a high point like I think they've always been. but then again, I do like singers with that kind of sleepy voice (i.e. Leigton/Lydia)

I usually like them as well. Maybe part of me is just wanting a dark pop record like Sleepwalker. Ah well.
01:02 PM on 05/20/08
SoCoSquid4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
its an ok record. lyrically its typical jamison lyrics, and they draw me in. however, as rich said, it gets a little drawn out at the end. all of the tones and knob turning sounds good for a while, but its the same tones for all of the songs and gets a little tiresome after a couple songs. it would add to it a lot of there was a little more lead guitar in it too instead of just relying on the tones.
01:04 PM on 05/20/08
SoCoSquid4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im really not liking the vocals on the majority of tracks. they are hard to hear but i still enjoy it. i guess i need to listen on a good pair of headphones rather then in my car

listen to the jesus and mary chain and you will figure out where the vocal tones come from and the motivation for why they are blended in with the music.
01:41 PM on 05/20/08
mike l
el cielo es azul
User Info.
and even more so, my bloody valentine ^^^
01:55 PM on 05/20/08
MCSmate
I'm wide awake, it's morning
User Info.
Nice review. I may pick this up but once I listen to it, I'll see how I like the entire thing.
03:19 PM on 05/20/08
Andrew Love
Bravos: America's Team
User Info.
I usually like them as well. Maybe part of me is just wanting a dark pop record like Sleepwalker. Ah well.

damn I love Sleepwalker

...and this
05:01 PM on 05/20/08
yourprivateeye
somewhere in the swamps of jersey.
User Info.
Solid review.
I'm reallllly liking this record a lot. Def something to listen at nighttime when you don't want to fall asleep, where you just kinda wanna drift with the music.
05:17 PM on 05/20/08
MarlaSinger
User Info.
That was a fair and honest review. I couldn't have said it better myself. I've listened to this several times on AOL, and I'm buying it next week. Even if I wasn't, this review would have pushed me that much more to get it.

I love this album. LiesLiesLies and Unit 402 are probably my favorite songs so far. Antarctica is growing on me really quickly. I saw somewhere, earlier, that there was going to be an interview with Jamison. Is that still happening?
06:24 PM on 05/20/08
JEM IV
Careening Through The Universe...
User Info.

His vocals are nearly identical to the lead singer of The Jealous Sound...which isn't a bad thing :)

"...and I will be anxious...arms"
07:24 PM on 05/20/08
eversoinviting
What are you supposed to put here?
User Info.
Very nice review.
10:09 PM on 05/20/08
keeplioving
sell my old clothes
User Info.
His vocals are nearly identical to the lead singer of The Jealous Sound...which isn't a bad thing :)

"...and I will be anxious...arms"

with that said, I'm going to go check them out. haha
10:48 PM on 05/20/08
violetpinup
"reour!"...pokemon call
User Info.

same here I was just waiting for something a lot like Sleepwalker
but i didnt think this one was to bad
very glad to see more of Covington
07:15 AM on 05/21/08
4N6 science
You look nice today.
User Info.
good review, I'll probably get this album. I'm interested to hear the new sounds of Jamison.
01:38 PM on 05/21/08
mb111
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the vocals are the low point of this album, I don't mind the lyrics at all. I just get tired of listening to him sound like he's falling asleep or having an asthma attack.

Though I strongly disagree with this opinion of yours, I have an even stronger disagreement with the way you've stated it. You can express your opinion to something without being insulting. It's not like you're being forced to listen to it. So now that you've gotten your opinion out, it's my turn. I believe that No matter how good or bad you think it is, I know that he put a good deal of time, effort and heart into this record. That alone is worth crediting him for.

Though JamisonParker was a great band....saying that Jamison has far beyond transcended anything that he did while he was in JamisonParker would be an understatement.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests