AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 35 of 35.
02:10 PM on 05/21/08
anamericangod
User Info.
Though I strongly disagree with this opinion of yours, I have an even stronger disagreement with the way you've stated it. You can express your opinion to something without being insulting. It's not like you're being forced to listen to it. So now that you've gotten your opinion out, it's my turn. I believe that No matter how good or bad you think it is, I know that he put a good deal of time, effort and heart into this record. That alone is worth crediting him for.

Though JamisonParker was a great band....saying that Jamison has far beyond transcended anything that he did while he was in JamisonParker would be an understatement.

I don't see how I was insulting, and nowhere did I criticize his dedication to his work. I don't understand why you are attacking me for things I did not say. There isn't much of a point to any of your remarks towards me. Learn to handle criticism.

The remark that this release has "transcended far beyond" anything that JamisonParker ever put out is in my opinion, ridiculous.
09:59 PM on 05/21/08
DI Pistola
tune in Tokyo
User Info.
Though JamisonParker was a great band....saying that Jamison has far beyond transcended anything that he did while he was in JamisonParker would be an understatement.

This is just as much of an opinion, as the one you previously attacked. Stop ragging on opinions if you're going to follow up with sweeping generalizations of your own.

And no, while good, I don't think this record "transcends" anything, as you so eagerly stated.
11:52 AM on 05/23/08
Vismund_Cygnus
User Info.
Excellent review, Rich.

I absolutely love this record. When I listened to it, it captures a feeling that is indescribable and very moving. I guess this record came out at the right time in my life (I know I know, that sounds so cliche'), but maybe that is why I value this record.

Jamison did an amazing job with the songwriting on this record. I agree, it feels very organic and spacious.
08:40 PM on 05/25/08
Adrian Villagomez
West of the World
User Info.
Good review, Rich. I'm somewhat interested in listening to this (only "somewhat" because I never listened to JamisonParker).
09:29 PM on 06/15/08
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Unlike the work of JamisonParker, this album is definitely a "grower." I was a little disappointed at first, but I like it a lot now.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums