AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

7 Seconds Sign To Rise Records

Posted by - 11:36 AM on 05/23/13
7 Seconds have signed to Rise Records.
Forming in Reno, NV in January 1980, 7 Seconds was the originator of the West Coast Hardcore sound that influenced just about every hardcore band including; Youth of Today, Gorilla Biscuits and modern day bands like Title Fight and American Nightmare. It is safe to say the band helped start the “Youth Crew” sound. Releasing an EP called “Walk Together, Rock Together” in 1985 officially put them on the map. Their positive lyrical content influenced so many youths over the years and they weren’t afraid to push the envelope.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
11:36 AM on 05/23/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
RISE RECORDS is proud to announce the signing of legendary hardcore band 7Seconds to its family of artists. Forming in Reno, NV in January 1980, 7 Seconds was the originator of the West Coast Hardcore sound that influenced just about every hardcore band including; Youth of Today, Gorilla Biscuits and modern day bands like Title Fight and American Nightmare. It is safe to say the band helped start the “Youth Crew” sound. Releasing an EP called “Walk Together, Rock Together” in 1985 officially put them on the map. Their positive lyrical content influenced so many youths over the years and they weren’t afraid to push the envelope.

Staying tried and true to their sound, 7 Seconds is back in full effect with a ton of new songs for a 7” and shortly after that, a new full length album. The guys will be heading into the studio this summer in Sacramento to begin the recording process. Amazingly enough, the band still has its original 3 members from 1982: Kevin Seconds, Steve Youth and Troy Mowat, plus Bobby Adams, who has been with the band since 1986. Kevin Seconds, the singer and songwriter, had this to say about the new 7” and forthcoming album, “we have about 20 new songs that we’ll record the best 13 songs from. This new record will be all about the energy and drive we still very much possess as a hardcore band. It’s been 9 long years since we’ve recorded a new album so there’s a great deal of urgency in them, with just the right mixture of both fast and mid-tempo tunes for people to sink their teeth into.“

The next few years will be exciting times for 7 Seconds and Rise Records; lots of new music, tours and talks of re-releasing back catalog for a special edition vinyl box-set. More rumors include the possible recording of their first 20 songs written in 1979 in which only 3 were recorded using a hand held tape recorder. In the meantime, get ready for some 7 Seconds, 1..2..3…Go!
11:38 AM on 05/23/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
You beat me to the post. Crazy/good signing.
11:39 AM on 05/23/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
That's pretty cool I guess.
11:41 AM on 05/23/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
You beat me to the post. Crazy/good signing.
Because I'm the GOAT.
11:41 AM on 05/23/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Awesome signing!
11:46 AM on 05/23/13
246toothpicks
User Info.
Wow this is friggin amazing!
11:47 AM on 05/23/13
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
Anthony Raneri was wearing a 7 Seconds shirt when Bayside opened for Alkaline Trio earlier in the week, and got me thinking about what they're up to these days..

..and here it is. Awesome.
11:50 AM on 05/23/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Amazing GIF.
11:59 AM on 05/23/13
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Unexpected...
12:00 PM on 05/23/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to love Rise Records, signing all these awesome (and almost legendary) punk bands lately.
12:02 PM on 05/23/13
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Whoa.
12:22 PM on 05/23/13
The Meech
User Info.
cue angry scene kids
12:33 PM on 05/23/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.