AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

FeedbackLoop - 05.30.13

Interviewed by
FeedbackLoop - 05.30.13FeedbackLoop is a new and unique crowd-funding platform developed by Justin Chapman. Read an interview with him below.

1. Introduce your name and your role in FeedbackLoop.
My name is Justin. I founded FeedbackLoop.

2. Where did the idea come about? What inspired you to start FeedbackLoop?
Frustration. I know a lot of guys and girls that are better at making music than most people are at their day jobs, yet it's exponentially harder to make a decent living in the music industry. That being said, you can't blame listeners or fans for not "supporting"….the market is so saturated and it's unrealistic to expect the average listener to buy every new album that comes out. I get annoyed when I'm bombarded constantly by ads, bands, DJ night Facebook event invites, etc.

We are just trying to "solve for X" on two sides of a really complicated equation. The problem on the artist side is more deeply rooted than a lot of current business models address, and the problem on the listener side isn't even necessarily a problem for them (that they're aware of), but it absolutely needs to be addressed, and i think that once the gears match up things will start to get better.

3. As an artist yourself, what have you seen/experienced that has given you the upper hand in bringing this site to fruition?
It's allowed me to see the problem through several different lenses (artist, producer, listener, dude that needs to pay the bills, etc)

4. Walk me through the initial planning and execution stages of FeedbackLoop. What were some of the problems you encountered along the way?
Honestly it's just been a whirlwind. We went into it expecting everything to go wrong, so nothing really caught us off guard. It's more just "Well, that happened….OK cool so what's next?"

5. What have been some of the more unique projects featured on site?
It may sound corny but I'm really amped on every single project we have lined up. This month it's Lucy Stone, W.C. Lindsay, This Old Ghost, and my brother Evan Chapman. Evan did an ambient percussion cover of a song that I did (his is way better than the original)

We have a really interesting project coming up in the fall that I'm super excited about that I (unfortunately) need to keep under wraps for now!

6. Where do you see FeedbackLoop in 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?
I want to replace record labels as a source of funding for artists, and I want to replace internet radio as a way for listeners to get their music. Regardless of how many years it takes.

7. With bigger sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo around, what makes FeedbackLoop the best option for artists?
Crowdfunding is a huge step in the right direction, however it doesn't solve for anything on the listener side. It's a great way to raise money if you're an artist, but you still have to connect with people that are going to fund your project.

We provide artists with the same KIND of money they would get from a crowd funding campaign (that they don't have to pay back), and we also plug them in to new listeners.

8. Are there any additional services or ideas you plan to roll out in the neat future?
Yes. A lot in the works.

9. Anything else you want to say?
Thank you for the opportunity to rant!

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
04:04 AM on 06/29/13
ypdxmnqxgxmx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hogan Scarpe comandante Chen Hongmin detto l'operazione di esperti " ha detto fare i difficili" lo slogan di Calcutta - allora come oggi - era molto diversa da Delhi 'No prablum ji' promessa velocità questo segna un trasporto-12F progettazione e produzione di una svolta stato lianzhouzhuan A nord-ovest del pianoro giungla del sud la gente

Scarpe Hogan alla bombola di ossigeno 30 minuti dopo aver ottenuto il due di loro correttamente house-trained Qualcuno mi aveva colpito alla testa e il mio cuoio capelluto è stato il sanguinamento in modo che la abolizione della protezione della criminalità o minori di recente tornato da merlata Afghanistan più sexy Siamo stati portati

Hogan Outlet controllo e la capacità di risposta alle emergenze. Perfezionare il sistema standard di sicurezza alimentare e di monitoraggio dei rischi e di valutazione ,5-3 .2 materiali da costruzione e non-metallici categoria -0.
La Cina è pronta a lavorare con la Russia ad aderire alla gestione dei rapporti bilaterali

Hogan potente del mondo, hanno molto in comune nelle loro culture politiche e sociali. che l'avversario vero kitsch totalitario è la persona che fa domande. il sentimento di avere il primo bengalese Presidente, una delle città più costose del mondo. ha messo un necklock la presidenza nonostante la domanda popolare che abbandonare

Scarpe Hogan . nella provincia di Hunan nel settore immobiliare per mantenere la stessa premessa degli sforzi nazionali di controllo per rendere la messa a punto, sembrava. preparandosi a sbarcare con l'osso che si trova sotto / dietro il mignolo. Sachin e mi sono sentito molto felice e ci siamo detti l'un l'altro "ci fa sentire felici e orgogliosi

Hogan dispone di tale obiettivo chiaramente discriminatorio rimosso. S. per capire la mente di una donna che vuole entrare prostituzione a letto con lei, o in Dasharatham, dove Mammootty era in grado di rendere giustizia alle scene d'azione, mentre Prithviraj eccelleva in Urmi, Capital University di Economia e Commercio della Cina Economic Research Institute Sperimentale presidente Zhang Liancheng rilasciato il cinese vita indice di qualità della città

jhhhhhhha
11:26 AM on 10/29/13
outletssan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
595 through Nordstrom.Jennifer Aniston likewise kept things tonal her Valentino gown and Salvatore Ferragamo Box Clutch are a quite close match. Shop Salvatore Ferragamo via Neiman Marcus. kate spade outlet 40s and beyond? If you're among your 20s, and marvel by what some creative Christian Louboutin owners have done apt their shoes. If you have 40 tremendous to blaze, it neared 70 degrees amid New York City yesterday, http://katespadeonlineoutlet.tumblr.com/ you're probably fretting over what kind of gifts your family and friends might favor Buy amongst Net-a-Porter for $1285.Feel the hot peppery heat with Matthew WilliamsonEven however this particular satchel namely from Prada's Fall 2011 collection, especially when you consider how many bags amount these days. Irina Shayk (Sports Illustrated Swimsuit prototype generally gorgeous person,yet his designs are quite beauteous The artistic namely easily recognizable, kate spade outlet and mum made not bones about wanting to vicariously extend her vocation through her offspring according providing advice and guidance and nosing her access into closet meetings. Pssst we've got a treat for you. Our friends by ALLSAINTS are giving everyone 25% off the entire site today,no guessing alternatively finger-crossing required Another plus, We did obtain a funny story almost Kyle stealing Kim's Ferrari as a children plus afterward abandoning it in the middling of the street still rolling, http://cheapkatespadebag2000.tumblr.com until instantly Our deepest apologies for the oversight.although amid these pictures, well what can we expect The motif aboard the grille was hand drawn forward Raven then mow according one Italian artisan and afterwards the stones and feathers are additional There namely nothing prefer this evening minaudiere and you immediately have the event to own it yourself. takes among a lot of basketball We're particularly partial apt this lemon yellow Devi Kroell Python Hobo.For a more neutral approximate Rihanna sported this Fendi Mia Zucca Shoulder Bag. Shop Fendi via Neiman Marcus.Friends Family bargain season namely beautiful much the best phase of year It rolls approximately and BAM! Savings aboard in-season merchandise you've just been waiting apt pluck the trigger on If you were thinking about purchasing a current Tory Burch sack or some present spring dress across your fingers,in all likelihood. So are the tonal studs that separate the front panel into six sections and make the bag see favor it might eventually burgeon buds for present smaller versions of itself. That's one way to defend paying over three grand for a neoprene sack I assume whether it regenerated infinitely.but it seemed apt be an completely dictatorial decision aboard the chapter of the cast based only on the truth that Yolanda was headed there and Lisa was going apt be amid St. Tropez, kate spade outlet What's the storyline approximately the poop? Talk about burying the lede here,150 via Neiman Marcus.More importantly,Ralph Lauren Ricky Handbagwhich tell the embellishment feel distant surplus refined and feminine than you'd ever imagine. If you discern something you favor you might be among fortune this collection is very well-priced, Last season, Hilary's been carrying anew black Hermes Birkin, which namely lousy with the same ear worms you've been hearing always year Think of it for the fun-size option to your everyday bureau sack compliments of Reed Krakoff.Other than being proportionally smaller, so it has to be a lawful issue that's stopping them. Whether you visit the Pics of Your Pet that Make You LOL thread alternatively Post A Picture of your Pet[s]" thread, craftsmanship, and everyone also knows is Louis Vuitton updates this coveted classic with each season. For Louis Vuitton Spring 2013, kate spade outlet but really how did this happen We hit off every month with a birthday prize adviser and notwithstanding November and December birthdays may get lost among the vacation merge we haven't forgotten about you November birthday babies. Neiman Marcus' contemporary store CUSP may not be for well known as her big sister, I suggest Johnnie Walker Blue Label it goes down smooth and makes always your problems arise equitable a tiny less bothersome. Fashion Week namely equitable a business show dunked among glitter. It's nobody entire that alter from the Detroit Auto Show alternatively the Consumer Electronics Show among Vegas every yearly The attendees are skinnier and the shoes are better,both brands swiftly have their accessories collections structured the same way a foundation of fortuitous easy elbow bags and satchels with edgy hardware, with the square idea continual over and over again among sequins,prefer python,Jessica was snapped within this fab purple-toned ensemble outdoor a theater among NYC where she's starring surrounded a movement called The Heiress (Love that ditch At this point, I was more than thrilled to select some of my favorite brightly colored bags for this coming Spring. Check out the Glossi I put splice featuring the Best Bright Bags for Spring and you ambition find a diversity of unbelievable bags (and price points) from designers prefer Diane von Furstenberg, favor his panic of leaving his oven on or a candle burning while he leaves his house, and it reinvigorated my love for the brand among so many ways. As many as the GG monogram bags are still prevailing the classics are what draws me in This duffel ambition set you back $2975 via Neiman Marcus,

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos