AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Relapse Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Genghis Tron to Release Remix Records

Posted by - 01:26 PM on 06/02/08
Starting in August, Genghis Tron will be releasing five 12" remix record, all on different record labels. More information is in the replies.

Submitted by Awesome_Danny

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
01:27 PM on 06/02/08
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Beginning in August and continuing through the rest of 2008, GENGHIS TRON will be releasing five 12" remix records on five different record labels (Temporary Residence Limited, Lovepump United, Relapse Records, Anticon Records, and Crucial Blast). Each volume will be limited to 1,000 copies, pressed on colored vinyl. "Board Up The House" cover artist, Jon Beasley, will also be providing each remix album with alternative artwork. Each record will feature a select number of GENGHIS TRON songs taken from "Board Up The House", remixed by a variety of artists. Some of the participating artists include BLACK MOTH SUPER RAINBOW, ULVER, DNTEL, TELEFON TEL AVIV, STEVE MOORE, JESU/JUSTIN BROADRICK, DANNY LOHNER, ROB CROW, SUBTLE, ODD NOSDAM, CIRCLE, TIM HECKER, and many more to be announced soon.

GENGHIS TRON commented on the series: “We are very excited to announce a series of special GENGHIS TRON releases which we've been scheming for quite some time now. Those who have been following us for a while know that we've always been interested in remixes, but to date we've only released a few GT remixes on a few tour-only CDs. We've wanted to do something grander and more 'official' for a long time, so we're proud to say that we've finally assembled a very massive, very official remix project. We reached out to lots of musicians who we admire and overall we've been completely overwhelmed at their willingness to participate in this massive, awesome project. More importantly, the remixes are sounding pretty mind-blowing so far...we're excited to share them with you."

Each release will be available for pre-order for roughly a month prior to its release. Temporary Residence Limited is slated to release volume one of the series in September, with pre-order beginning in July. Further information, including preview tracks, artwork, pre-order options, and more will be announced over the coming months.
01:29 PM on 06/02/08
Burning Star IV
Mornings Taste Like Turpentine
User Info.
Interesting...
01:31 PM on 06/02/08
dodge_3001
User Info.
i'm not a big fan of them, but that's pretty cool, i think.
02:12 PM on 06/02/08
fighted
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm really interested in what the dntel remix will sound like
02:29 PM on 06/02/08
Alexxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
User Info.
They fucking suck, I don't understand how they're going to sell 5000 copies of anything.
I should've waited to sell my Board up the house LP.
02:30 PM on 06/02/08
bad sects
regrets are worthless
User Info.
holy crap I want these. I hope the artwork is fun.
03:48 PM on 06/02/08
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Amazing, but it sucks having to wait until August. I love this band.
05:21 PM on 06/02/08
gregxthor
User Info.
I am anticipating these releases greatly. GT has never ceased to amaze me with their music, including their remixes. I hope that they release a short DVD or something of their live performances from their recent tour with Baroness and Converge. Their light show was fucking mind-blowing. I think I'm going to pre-order them all. Yeah, definitely...
07:07 PM on 06/02/08
pacemaker
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cool idea. Probably won't go for trying to get any of the releases since I'm more of a casual GT fan.

Anyone else notice the confusion in this press release? According to the press release, the first one will be released in September... beginning in August.
08:55 PM on 06/02/08
gearsgroundcold
User Info.
Board Up The House kicked ass; these remixes should be pretty interesting. Hope they maybe release this online somehow too, through iTunes or something...not a big vinyl fan.
02:08 PM on 06/03/08
mattycakes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love this band. and this idea.
07:18 PM on 06/04/08
princesschad
sowing season
User Info.
Rad idea.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News