AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
06:51 PM on 06/05/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
This will most likely hit 50K. Maybe a little more. Billboard doesn't understand subculture music and that most sales are on pre-orders and day one of release week, not spread throughout the week with a release like JT, etc. 50K though, that's still incredible. Congrats to Rise.
07:05 PM on 06/05/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I can't believe Jake Denning boldly stated the record would sell 18,500 copies. Their last ACOUSTIC EP sold 18,000 first week with little to no promotion and minimal lead time to its release. To suspect that their highly touted new album would sell 500 more is very funny to me. Jake has really let me down.
07:14 PM on 06/05/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
that's a serious amount. Are they more famous than Blood On The Dance Floor. I here kids these days like that band a lot.
Famous? I'd say BOTDF are infamous. There's no way in hell though that BOTDF could sell anything compared to that first week or at all of a new release. And certainly can't tour to similar numbers.
08:25 PM on 06/05/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Meaning week one sales for an album
08:42 PM on 06/05/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Damn. Is this the highest charting scene band in awhile? Last time I remember seeing a post-hardcore band in the top five was Bone Palace Ballet by Chiodos.
Coheed sold two albums in 6 months with 45ish first week for each. But this is highest discounting Paramore, FOB, T&S.
08:51 PM on 06/05/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
God, I hope this pussy band doesn't sell more copies than Queens first week.
Why?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version