Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 19 posts.
06:46 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Because they're that big. Don't let the stupidity of people on this site make you think otherwise. Most people here have no idea how big these bands are because they cloud themselves with the fact that this kind of music is trashed here.
06:49 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I will be shocked if they sell half as well as Queens of the Stone Age.

Time to be shocked man.
07:43 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess living in a country where they wouldn't fill a venue half the size that the Queens can fogs my view. I still can't believe this band is near as popular as they are.

Where do you live?
07:46 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well obviously. I more meant like, out of all the bands in this genre, why is this the one blowing up? (b/c they are not that good or unique, you see).

Good for Rise though.

I think they're pretty good, and I'd definitely say this CD doesn't sound like most of the other stuff coming out in this scene, but that's all opinions.

I feel like people are confused; this band doesn't sound anything like metalcore...
08:16 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Alberta, Canada. In Calgary, they would play at the MacEwan Ballroom which is two venue sizes below what Queens would play. Tegan and Sara play the MacEwan Hall which holds 1000 while the Ballroom holds maybe half. Queens of the Stone Age play the Stampede Corral which holds about 7,500. Bands like Mariana's Trench, Rise Against and Metric also play there. There's some perspective into why these sales numbers shock me.

You're telling me they'd play the 500 cap venue...? No way dude. They just did a headlining Europe run and sold out multithousand person venues every day... They draw in more than a thousand kids no problem...
08:25 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They sold around 60,000 copies in the first week.

The sold like 30,000, a little less. Half of 60k hahaha!!!
08:42 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not Tegan and Sara big! Maybe we just have better tastes ;P

I can promise you they would play the 1,000 cap haha. This band seriously is that big, even if this site has clouded judgement on it.
09:06 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hahaha, I've never heard of them either, I don't think. Gonna just assume not for me.

Listen to the album and decide for yourself if you like it. This album doesn't really sound a lot like the PTV album to begin with...
09:32 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Oh shit, I thought the question was about PTV from the earlier page!! My bad.
10:06 AM on 06/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just live in Europe, Germany...near Berlin. And here they will play a show in a club for like a 800 person audience in September. So I doubt that they fill multithousand locations here in Europe.

But they do, they sold out like the whole tour they did last week. Sooooo they are.
10:38 AM on 06/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This honestly shocks me, when I passed by their set at warped there was a big crowd but nothing like other scene bands I saw at warped over the year (ADTR, Miss May I, Of Mice and Men), I don't think they even sold out any of their shows around me. I mean ALOT of teenage girls listen to them but bands like ADTR have those same teen girls and a bunch of other types of people too, while the only people at SWS shows are usually 13-15 year old scene girls.

Their draw at warped was HUGE. Kellin couldn't walk around without multiple security because tons of people would follow him. Their sets drew one of the biggest crowds of the day, anthem ve gotten much bigger since then as we'll...
11:46 AM on 06/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You're wrong.
I'd argue, but all you have to do is to look up the facts and you'd clearly see that you're wrong.

It sounded like you were talking about August Burns Red. They're a 1000+ cap band all over Europe and you know what? Not many are. A Day To Remember would be in the low thousands (800-4000 and everywhere in-between) and that's with a good support bill.

No. SWS. On the tour they did for Slam Dunk. 1,000+ cap venues, my singer was on the tour. You are wrong.
12:09 PM on 06/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ok, Mr Industry.
(You're wrong).

You're being ridiculous. My friends were on the tour, I'm not wrong. In fact, most of the tour got upgraded to bigger venues because of the demand. Good try.
12:14 PM on 06/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
under my dreams is my favorite poster on this site. laughing quietly to myself.

Whatever, at least I know what I'm talking about.
12:26 PM on 06/06/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After reading this I find it hard to believe undermydreams has any friends let alone ones on tour yikes rough stuff

Maybe I'm not worried about what people on here think of me? You know how many people in bands laugh at the ridiculous posts made on here in their threads?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests