Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 151.
07:10 PM on 06/05/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that's a serious amount. Are they more famous than Blood On The Dance Floor. I here kids these days like that band a lot.
07:14 PM on 06/05/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
that's a serious amount. Are they more famous than Blood On The Dance Floor. I here kids these days like that band a lot.
Famous? I'd say BOTDF are infamous. There's no way in hell though that BOTDF could sell anything compared to that first week or at all of a new release. And certainly can't tour to similar numbers.
07:14 PM on 06/05/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Wow, that's incredible. I would have never thought this would happen.
07:16 PM on 06/05/13
js977
js977
User Info.
had no idea they'd gotten so big...i remember first hearing james dean and thinking it was a really cool song, but that they'll fade soon; glad i was wrong
also, the story in the link also says to watch out for "the city and the colour's "the hurry and the harm""...
07:18 PM on 06/05/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
Pretty incredible for SWS. I've been following them since they started, so it's insane to see how much they've grown. They're good dudes too so all of the success they have received is definitely earned.
07:18 PM on 06/05/13
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
07:19 PM on 06/05/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
Because they're that big. Don't let the stupidity of people on this site make you think otherwise. Most people here have no idea how big these bands are because they cloud themselves with the fact that this kind of music is trashed here.
Nearly every girl in the middle school I work at, that listens to this music loves this band.
07:19 PM on 06/05/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How many did PTV sell last time around?
07:20 PM on 06/05/13
pepster50
User Info.
from what i've heard the album isn't even good lol.. that being said, it was a quick listen.
07:20 PM on 06/05/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Famous? I'd say BOTDF are infamous. There's no way in hell though that BOTDF could sell anything compared to that first week or at all of a new release. And certainly can't tour to similar numbers.
Thanks man. I seriously wouldn't know. I just see both names thrown around by the youngins so I thought they would have similar numbers. I checked out a few songs from both bands and didn't hear anything spectacular. I wonder why SWS are doing so well.
07:22 PM on 06/05/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Thanks man. I seriously wouldn't know. I just see both names thrown around by the youngins so I thought they would have similar numbers. I checked out a few songs from both bands and didn't hear anything spectacular. I wonder why SWS are doing so well.
Kellin Quinn being so good looking and I'm sure the whole golden ticket thing is contributing to a point
07:22 PM on 06/05/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Moms around the country are gonna be pissed when they see their credit card statements
07:28 PM on 06/05/13
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
I'd say congrats to the band, but they say some horrid shit in between songs to a sea of young girls, so big ups to Rise for having such a big record!
07:28 PM on 06/05/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
How did this band get so big? Kellin's got a good voice and they have some good songs, but for the most part they're a pretty typical scene band.

A combination of marketability, effort, and good management decisions.

I remember playing with these guys for like no crowd when they had been a band for a couple months, super sloppy, didn't look like a huge band in the making at all. And then a couple years later they're tearing shit up and selling enormously well. Goes to show you what development of young kids can really do.
07:35 PM on 06/05/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
How did this band get so big? Kellin's got a good voice and they have some good songs, but for the most part they're a pretty typical scene band.
I feel like fans connect with them a little more intimately than they do with similar metalcore groups.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests