Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
And yeah, what Zack said, I think this will be off by 10-15K
07:36 PM on 06/05/13
steve187
nah
User Info.
had no idea they were that big. thought they were just another random risecore band
07:37 PM on 06/05/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I can't believe Jake Denning boldly stated the record would sell 18,500 copies. Their last ACOUSTIC EP sold 18,000 first week with little to no promotion and minimal lead time to its release. To suspect that their highly touted new album would sell 500 more is very funny to me. Jake has really let me down.
on the other hand he totally delivered
07:42 PM on 06/05/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I can't believe Jake Denning boldly stated the record would sell 18,500 copies. Their last ACOUSTIC EP sold 18,000 first week with little to no promotion and minimal lead time to its release. To suspect that their highly touted new album would sell 500 more is very funny to me. Jake has really let me down.
I lol'd
07:43 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess living in a country where they wouldn't fill a venue half the size that the Queens can fogs my view. I still can't believe this band is near as popular as they are.

Where do you live?
07:43 PM on 06/05/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Holy crap. The only even vaguely similar band I can think of that sold this much was ADTR's last album. How many did that sell?
07:46 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well obviously. I more meant like, out of all the bands in this genre, why is this the one blowing up? (b/c they are not that good or unique, you see).

Good for Rise though.

I think they're pretty good, and I'd definitely say this CD doesn't sound like most of the other stuff coming out in this scene, but that's all opinions.

I feel like people are confused; this band doesn't sound anything like metalcore...
08:03 PM on 06/05/13
The Meech
User Info.
Holy crap. The only even vaguely similar band I can think of that sold this much was ADTR's last album. How many did that sell?
not even close to as many. if I recall correctly they hit 11 with around 36,000.
08:09 PM on 06/05/13
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
Alberta, Canada. In Calgary, they would play at the MacEwan Ballroom which is two venue sizes below what Queens would play. Tegan and Sara play the MacEwan Hall which holds 1000 while the Ballroom holds maybe half. Queens of the Stone Age play the Stampede Corral which holds about 7,500. Bands like Mariana's Trench, Rise Against and Metric also play there. There's some perspective into why these sales numbers shock me.
08:13 PM on 06/05/13
cantbesaved
you are the sheep; i am the wolf
User Info.
Doesn't surprise me cause of the amount of tumblr kids and fangirls that love this band but the album is bad. Enjoyed some of the stuff on their first two records but this comes off as trying to hard
08:15 PM on 06/05/13
TerrancePryor
fakewalls.com/metalarcade.net
User Info.
not even close to as many. if I recall correctly they hit 11 with around 36,000.

They sold around 60,000 copies in the first week.
08:16 PM on 06/05/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Alberta, Canada. In Calgary, they would play at the MacEwan Ballroom which is two venue sizes below what Queens would play. Tegan and Sara play the MacEwan Hall which holds 1000 while the Ballroom holds maybe half. Queens of the Stone Age play the Stampede Corral which holds about 7,500. Bands like Mariana's Trench, Rise Against and Metric also play there. There's some perspective into why these sales numbers shock me.

You're telling me they'd play the 500 cap venue...? No way dude. They just did a headlining Europe run and sold out multithousand person venues every day... They draw in more than a thousand kids no problem...
08:18 PM on 06/05/13
TerrancePryor
fakewalls.com/metalarcade.net
User Info.
that's a serious amount. Are they more famous than Blood On The Dance Floor. I here kids these days like that band a lot.

BOTDF can't even sell out a 300 cap venue in NYC.
08:20 PM on 06/05/13
Ditka For Gov
User Info.
Just curious, does anyone know how their last headlining run sold? I know it was b-markets but I'm interested to see what size venues they will play when they do headline for this record in major cities.
08:22 PM on 06/05/13
MALKiiN
User Info.
debut?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News