Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
07:15 PM on 06/22/13
mikeyg003
@mikegiannotti95
User Info.
I'm in the extreme minority of people who actually like this album. And the crowd at Skate & Surf was pretty energetic for YNE songs.
07:59 PM on 06/22/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
Cool video. Love the new album, don't understand the hate it gets
09:46 PM on 06/22/13
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
new album isn't THAT bad, it's just their last album was REALLY good

Agreed.
10:13 PM on 06/22/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Slowly coming to terms with the fact that much of YNE' faults are within it's sonic qualities because as everyone is saying, the songs live translate much better than the record. From my understanding a majority of the record was recorded live, so why'd the arrow miss?
whoever was on the boards probably fell asleep during recording sessions cuz of how boring the songs are

just a guess
11:11 PM on 06/22/13
BrendanMachow
User Info.
whoever was on the boards probably fell asleep during recording sessions cuz of how boring the songs are

just a guess
There's a few tracks I still spin to this day, however there are a few snoozers on the record, no denying that. I love "Sleep", "Weathered Souls", "Summer, Me", and "Lake Q" had the ability to be an incredible closer but fell short. I'd love to see where this could've gone if it was given the same treatment in the studio as Listen & Forgive had.
12:31 AM on 06/23/13
roche
You think a pirate lives in there?
User Info.
I liked the album.
02:19 AM on 06/23/13
emoboy333
User Info.
The new album is awesome. It had to grow on me but now I'm so in live with it.
08:18 AM on 06/23/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I went to the syracuse stop on the tour, and the attendance was so poor they didn't even use the main stage at the club because it would cost too much to run sound. They set up a little pa and the band played where the merch area is. Still the band is really awesome live though.
08:56 AM on 06/23/13
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
I'm in the extreme minority of people who actually like this album. And the crowd at Skate & Surf was pretty energetic for YNE songs.
That's exactly what I was gonna say! I love Young New England just as much as Listen & Forgive and it might be my favorite release so far this year. "So Long, So Long" is probably my favorite song released by them and the crowd at Skate and Surf was going nuts for their entire set especially during "Nothing Lasts Forever" and "Weathered Souls" everyone knew the words!
09:17 AM on 06/23/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
The new songs sound a lot better live and the band was spot on when I saw them, but god did the crowd suck. One of the most boring shows I've been to in quite some time because nobody gave a shit unless they were playing L & F songs.
Yep
09:25 AM on 06/23/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
There's a few tracks I still spin to this day, however there are a few snoozers on the record, no denying that. I love "Sleep", "Weathered Souls", "Summer, Me", and "Lake Q" had the ability to be an incredible closer but fell short. I'd love to see where this could've gone if it was given the same treatment in the studio as Listen & Forgive had.
The fact that you have to say "I still spin to this day" regarding an album that only came out mere months ago speaks volumes.
10:00 AM on 06/23/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I enjoyed Young New England. I don't find it better than Listen & Forgive but also enjoyed the whole album for what its worth and keep a cd copy in my car. Heck my pre-order for the LP came with 2 CDs.
10:06 AM on 06/23/13
BrendanMachow
User Info.
The fact that you have to say "I still spin to this day" regarding an album that only came out mere months ago speaks volumes.
I guess I meant that within reason to how people received the record in the first place. The way it was reviewed made it sound like it would be forgotten about in a few weeks. But I totally understand what you're saying.
10:23 AM on 06/23/13
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
I feel like Weathered Souls would be a great song live if everyone knew the words. So undeniably catchy.
11:50 AM on 06/23/13
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Loved Transit, but they've just swung genres a bit too much for me at this point. Great hardworking dudes though
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS