User Info.
Nice review Jake

imo Yeezus is his Daisy y'know what I mean
09:03 AM on 06/24/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
I'll take "I don't get the hype" space. Cause I don't
This makes absolutely no sense to me. Kanye West is one of the biggest artists in the entire world of the past decade, why wouldn't there be an insane amount of hype?
07:35 AM on 06/25/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
gave this one a shot and just can't get into him still. I have tried to get into Kanye more than any other artist before because I feel like I'm "supposed" to like him based on all the positive reviews he gets, but nothing ever catches me. It's never BAD, it's just that I'm never left wanting to listen to a song again or actively play the album. It's music I don't mind if someone else has on but I just never think "I want to listen to Kanye." It just doesn't resonate with me and whatever it is about him that clicks with other people never clicks with me.
there's nothing wrong with that, different people like different things. at least you gave it a fair chance rather than dismissing him as "not a real artist."
01:50 PM on 06/30/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
This is the saddest comment ever. Like actually heart-wrenchingly sad
sad because you've come to the realization that essentially all recorded music has some level of autotune?
08:14 PM on 06/30/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
All recorded music? Are you telling me my Otis Redding records have auto-tune on them? I guess I am done listening to music then.
Besides, there are plenty of artists not using auto-tune. I hate this "Whatever Drake or Yeezy do is immaculate" mentality
please tell me you don't actually think drake and kanye invented autotune

and no I'm not telling you your Otis Redding records have autotune on them, but the majority of modern albums do. "essentially all recorded music" was an obvious exaggeration I thought. the point being that's a really stupid reason to dismiss an album.
12:52 PM on 07/01/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
I like Senses Fail but he chose their worst album as his avatar
02:29 PM on 07/01/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
Anybody not everybody.

See this thread is the perfect microcosm of the current rap/hip-hop scene. One person says something bad about a superstar and is attacked for the image of his avatar (Woah that rhymed, I might be just as good as Ye). Other than the review itself, nobody can provide a thoughtful response that disproves my theory that this album is garbage save for a few bright spots here and there

Sidenote: P.O.S. released almost the exact same album a couple months back, even has a Justin Vernon feature too.
legitimately not sure how anyone can respond with a thoughtful response when your opinion is "any autotune is too much autotune." if that's how you feel then you're probably not going to like Kanye, nothing myself or anyone else can say that's going to change your mind. I don't know what you're expecting here. if you don't have a vendetta against autotune or similar effects, then no, the album is not garbage.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos