Password

03:00 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham, UK
Male - 22 Years Old
Quote:
Count Arthur Strong is a fictional comedy character created by comedian Steve Delaney. He's performed the character at various live shows, and starred in many series of Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! on BBC Radio 4... now the character comes to TV.

Count Arthur Strong is a faded star from the golden days of variety, prone to delusions of grandeur, selective memory loss and the blurting out of malapropisms. He was never as famous as he thinks he was... or still thinks he is. Believing that another great entertainment triumph is only a phone call away, Arthur spends his day making the most of any opportunity that comes along - gaining a free lunch or selling a dodgy foot-spa he doesn't want - creating chaos and confusion wherever he goes, blissfully unaware that he has done so.

The series begins with the recent death of Max Barker - Count Arthur's old partner from the early days in variety. Max pushed Arthur aside and went on to be a 'national treasure'. Max's son is Michael. He is a quiet, scholarly type, rather stuck in a rut writing history books. Having been asked to write a biography of his famous father from the neglected son's point of view and sets off to find his father's old variety partner - Count Arthur Strong. Thinking that the 'research' will only take a couple of days, Michael arrives London, tracks down Arthur and very quickly enters the chaos that is Arthur's world...

Co-starring Rory Kinnear (James Bond, Black Mirror, Doctor Who rumours). I like Kinnear from what I've seen and, I mean, come on, it's Graham Linehan. I shouldn't have to hedge my bets that this will be pretty funny, right? It begins airing next Monday.
03:03 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
The radio show is funny, but I haven't followed it much. I'm sure the TV show will be great, as you say, it's a pretty safe bet seeing as Linehan is involved.
03:29 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Man, I had no idea Linehan was doing something new. Very cool concept, Kinnear's involved; like you've both said, there's no way this doesn't turn out great.
05:05 PM on 07/01/13 
User Info.
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
Arizona
Male - 26 Years Old
Glad to see Linehan doing something new. Never a fan of the laugh track, but oh well. Will be checking out.
11:30 AM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Twikki
Continuous Thunder
Nottingham/Birmingha...
Male - 21 Years Old
Big fan of Lineham, hope that this will fill the IT Crowd void.

One of my friends actually did production design for this or something so it'd be pretty awesome to see her name up in the credits
01:05 PM on 07/15/13 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham, UK
Male - 22 Years Old
First episode is decent enough, the second is a step up from that, and, although the first had poor ratings, it was recommissioned straight away.
02:11 PM on 07/30/13 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 22 Years Old
Arthur's pronunciation of 'Les Miserables' in tonight's episode had me in stitches.
08:56 AM on 01/27/14 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham, UK
Male - 22 Years Old
It's on Hulu now. Hint hint. Very much worth watching.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets