Username
Password

03:18 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
For those of you who are Mac users and/or know Mac's pretty well, I'd appreciate some help.

So, I'm trying to update some apps, but I have to enter my apple ID password, only it's showing my old apple ID. I don't have to option to enter in my updated one. My apple ID is updated on my itunes, FaceTime, but not my computer...or so it's telling me. It says it's updated in my system preferences, but every time I go to update, it still appears my old one. I even tried restarting my computer after I made the changes, but it's not changing. Is there anything else I can try (besides what you'd find in google, because that didn't work)

Thanks
03:25 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Would you be able to provide me with a screenshot of the screen that has your old apple ID displayed instead of the new? I just wanna see if I can notice an option that you may have missed-visuals help me troubleshoot computer issues a lot better. I'm not totally sure, though, I've had the same apple ID since I was like 13 xD.

Feel free to blur/white out the username if you need to! Shouldn't be any reason why I'd need to see that, as long as I know it's incorrect and is your old one.
03:28 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Would you be able to provide me with a screenshot of the screen that has your old apple ID displayed instead of the new? I just wanna see if I can notice an option that you may have missed-visuals help me troubleshoot computer issues a lot better. I'm not totally sure, though, I've had the same apple ID since I was like 13 xD.

Feel free to blur/white out the username if you need to! Shouldn't be any reason why I'd need to see that, as long as I know it's incorrect and is your old one.

I'll try to PM it to you. I only changed/updated my ID because I no longer use that email.
06:20 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
steve187
nah
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
get a PC
10:44 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
This is a really common issue unfortunately. Apple still hasn't fixed it. A support rep can create a new id for you to be able to update the apps installed with your old id, but there's no way to link the old apps to your current id as far as i know.
12:08 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old

lol. I switched from a PC to mac six months ago. Never going back.

This is a really common issue unfortunately. Apple still hasn't fixed it. A support rep can create a new id for you to be able to update the apps installed with your old id, but there's no way to link the old apps to your current id as far as i know.

I have a "new" ID. I just want to change the one registered to my computer to the one that's already updated/use now...
05:58 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 29 Years Old

Almost no person I've talked to that's actually used a Mac for more than a few minutes will do this. You pay more for a higher quality product IMO.
04:00 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old

If you want to downgrade a thousand times, do this.
08:06 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
dirty sanchez
Whatever else you do, stay true
STAY TRUEEEE
MAIL - 22 Years Old
These are the responses that I imagine that mac lovers always give.
01:36 AM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
gnxgngnfghu
No Avatar Selected
This is a really common issue unfortunately.
04:12 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
I use both Mac OS X 10.8.4 and Windows 7. People that claim one is infinitely superior to the other are kidding themselves. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.
07:42 PM on 07/04/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I use both Mac OS X 10.8.4 and Windows 7. People that claim one is infinitely superior to the other are kidding themselves. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Agreed. I have Win7, Mac OSX7, and use Linux at work and I love all three for various reasons. But, I will say, My macbook is my favorite. I've had PCs with better specs than this thing that crap out in less than a year and freeze constantly, while this thing runs the same as the day I bought it 2 years ago. Never freezes.
08:37 PM on 07/06/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female
My brother switched to a pc a few weeks ago and already returned the thing, it was terrible, he went back to using his mac.
01:37 AM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
So I had to change back to my old apple ID so I can fucking update shit on my computer because I couldn't find a way to edit the email I first registered my computer with. Anyway, I think I figured out how to fix it, but I can't rechange it for another 90 days. -.- Although I don't want to create an additional apple ID. I'm just totally confused, and does anyone know if I go into the apple store and ask those tech people for help, if I have to make a fucking appointment?
07:20 AM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
shrathecat
St. Louis, MO
Female
I think you usually have to schedule an appointment beforehand. :/ Did you get the AppleCare plan?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos