AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:08 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
Have a thread for movies and albums, so here's TV.
Last episode/season/full series you saw and what you thought. Spoiler tags are appreciated.

Luther - Series 3 Episode 1

Really great as expected. I caught the first 2 series on Netflix, marathon style, so I'm not used to waiting in between episodes. Great mix of cop procedural/drama/horror. And Idris is the best as always. Looking forward to the rest of this storyline.

Bob's Burgers - Seasons 1 & 2

Solid animated comedy that appears to be coming into its own during the middle of season 2. I've seen reviews of the show comparing it to early Simpsons, which I don't really get, but overall it's entertaining. In the process of getting season 3. From what I hear the show picks up even more.
08:13 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
This will work much better than just listing off what we've watched, hopefully. Nice thought.

Childrens' Hospital - Season 3

Perfect satire, through and through. I have trouble even talking about why this show is so great because it's such a dense hodgepodge of comedy styles. This joke (at 9 minutes in if the auto fast forward doesn't work) does a pretty great job of summing up what you get out of Childrens'.
08:47 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Tetragrammaton
Male - 26 Years Old
I mentioned this elsewhere, but I recently watched all of the episodes of Mad Men that have been produced so far. It is a very good, tightly scripted, and engaging drama that is able to branch out with tasteful political and societal commentary and analysis. There are a few clunky moments that remind the viewer that this is not HBO, but it is overall worth forgiving.

I am trying to decide what to watch next. I usually only watch shows once they are over, with Mad Men and Louie being my biggest exceptions. The finished shows I am most interested in includes Carnivale, Extras, Luck, and Rome. Which is best, or is there something else that is finished that is worth watching?
09:01 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
I mentioned this elsewhere, but I recently watched all of the episodes of Mad Men that have been produced so far. It is a very good, tightly scripted, and engaging drama that is able to branch out with tasteful political and societal commentary and analysis. There are a few clunky moments that remind the viewer that this is not HBO, but it is overall worth forgiving.

I am trying to decide what to watch next. I usually only watch shows once they are over, with Mad Men and Louie being my biggest exceptions. The finished shows I am most interested in includes Carnivale, Extras, Luck, and Rome. Which is best, or is there something else that is finished that is worth watching?

Heard really great things about Luck. Believe Mal enjoyed it. Extras was pretty great
10:25 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 23 Years Old
um. this was all in the last couple of months. i took a semester off from school, so i had a lot of time. i could go even further back, but i didn't want to make this too long, and the point of this thread is to review things watched recently. anyway...

Adventure Time season 1 9/10
funny and has a moral in every episode.

Lost season 2 6/10
boring second half.

anime

Deadman Wonderland (~13 eps) 5/10
horrible ending. would not recommend.

Eden of the East (~13 eps + 2 movies) 7.5/10
mystery thriller with a really light and enjoyable tone.

Mirai Nikki (~26 eps) 8/10
has its ups and downs, but when it's good, it's damn good.

Attack on Titan (13/26 episodes, ongoing) 9/10
great intense atmosphere, unique violent action, looks fucking great, has really interesting premise and pacing, buuuut i only care about like four characters and not a lot happened in the last couple episodes. already regretting starting this before it was finished, hopefully it reverts to the quality of the first few episodes or gets even better.

i'll review seasons when i finish them (i made an exception for AoT because it's at the halfway point and it's mostly-good and y'all should know about it). currently slowly going through Breaking Bad s2, Mad Men s2, The West Wing s2, Fringe s1, Arrested Development s2, Parks and Rec s2, Party Down s1, and i still haven't even started Adventure Time s2 and Lost s3.
11:15 PM on 07/02/13 
User Info.
sammyboy516
Male - 23 Years Old
Hannibal, season 1, episodes 1-7

This show is fantastic. The acting is incredible and the atmosphere/presentation is great. It's creepy and gross (in the best way possible). I think it's really creative, too.
05:16 AM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old

Extras is fantastic. Haven't seen the others, but Extras is pretty quick and easy to burn through and definitely worth it.
12:22 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
jeffersin
I love you!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
Six Feet Under - Pilot

I've heard great things about this show for a while, and I love Michael C. Hall and Peter Kraus, so I decided to check it out. The episode was awesomely dark with some humor, which I didn't expect at all. I will definitely keep watching.
12:37 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
The Killing- Half of Season 1

Underwhelmed. The acting just seems "off" sometimes. And they seem to be using cheap tactics to get you to suspect people instead of naturally doing it through story telling. But I'm also only 5-6 episodes in... so we'll see.
01:08 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 23 Years Old
oh yeah, i knew i was forgetting something.

Hannibal s1 10/10
hm, is that too high?
...nah.
one of the strongest seasons of anything i've ever watched ever. amazing atmosphere, awesome acting, so surreal, deliciously disturbing. every bit as good as Bryan Fuller's other shows, despite probably being the darkest one yet.
01:10 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
True Blood - S3E5 "Trouble"

It's really taking a lot out of me to keep on with this show. It's never been a good show, but the first two seasons were an incredible amount of mindless fun with some actual good storytelling and acting sprinkled about. Now, though, the whole Sam's family plot and Jason making a weird connection with some nature chick yet again are just bringing me down. Everything in Mississippi is really fun ( Eric arriving makes me especially hopeful the second half of this season will turn around), and this episode ended with a really cool cliffhanger furthering a power of Sookie's that we haven't seen since S2, but the werewolves and stories based in Bon Temps are boring me to death right now.

Also, I'm going to do this with episodes sometimes and seasons sometimes, I think. Hopefully that doesn't get too annoying.
01:31 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
Cody, you're going to absolutely hate season four if you're having trouble getting through three.
01:35 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Cody, you're going to absolutely hate season four if you're having trouble getting through three.
Haha, woo! I figured that would happen. I'm gonna keep trying because Alexander Skarsgaard and Deborah Ann Woll are awesome, but I'm losing the excitement I had when I was first starting out with it.
02:14 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
Haha, woo! I figured that would happen. I'm gonna keep trying because Alexander Skarsgaard and Deborah Ann Woll are awesome, but I'm losing the excitement I had when I was first starting out with it.

I really love Jessica and Tara and Terry and Pam and Laffy and each of those characters get very gratifying arcs later in the series. Not to mention Pam becoming the fucking show's best weapon in season 4/5

i dunno man

i'm a big big big big fan~
03:29 PM on 07/03/13 
User Info.
airik625
-
Chattanooga, TN
Male - 25 Years Old
True Blood - the newest one 5/10

Running smoothly along as I expected after the first episode. Not expecting much more the rest of the season - but I'm finally coming to terms with that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos