AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Purevolume News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

PureVolume Presents: Retox Interview

Posted by - 01:39 PM on 07/03/13
PureVolume recently interviewed Justin Pearson Mars of Retox about the band's new album, the genesis of the band, and where he think technology is leading all of us.
It's just people's people's uneducated opinions on how we sound and our uneducated opinion on how other things are. I read so many times in reviews for the Locust, "I love the keyboards" when it's actually the bass or guitar. That's not the listeners' fault or necessarily a criticism because even with RETOX it's not as obvious as a song with structure from, say, the Ramones. When the Locust released Plague Soundscapes and we kind of blew up a bit people were like, "I can do this with one hand, that's garbage." I wanted to respond, "I'd like to see you try to do that with one hand, that would be pretty outstanding!"

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
02:43 PM on 07/03/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
retox is awesome. my hope is Daughters decides to tour and brings Retox with them.
05:17 PM on 07/03/13
sickydicky
outlander!
User Info.
his last name is mars now?
07:22 AM on 07/04/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
retox is awesome. my hope is Daughters decides to tour and brings Retox with them.

If you think that's ever going to happen - read the last chapter of his biography..
Great, great book and that last chapter really ties it all together in a great way.
09:27 AM on 07/04/13
halfeaten
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, that quote is the best way you could possibly express antheopinion that 90% of creativity goes over the head of any critic.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos