AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts.
09:20 AM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
What genre? Their genre is dead. The Graduate, Acceptance, Valencia, Hit The Lights. Those kinds of bands don't exist anymore.
Sad but true.

Still don't know how anyone can think this is their weakest album

The same way people won't think that it sounds like Brand New.
09:26 AM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
this is a bit of a sad realization when it's all spelled out like this
All bands that walked a fine line when it came to be putting into certain genres. Really upsetting more people don't gravitate to that kind of music.

Even though I'm not the only one who's said it, so you're wrong already.

Just because more than one person said it doesn't mean other people won't think it's their weakest album or that there won't be valid reasons for thinking so.
09:41 AM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
This. I feel like The Wonder Years can get away with it, but The Dangerous Summer really can't.
Different fanbases with different expectations/standards.
01:11 PM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.

Sure it could, it's not even a good closer ... and I'd also argue that a climax of an album shouldn't be in the last song (and that it's not here, given that I don't think there's much differentiation within the album itself) ... that musically, we want to hear a climax toward the middle of an album, and then resolve at the end. The best albums don't climax at the very end, they use the end of the album to wrap up all of the material. To bring you down from the ride. To naturally resolve.

Transatlanticism is the album that does this perfectly, in my opinion.
01:16 PM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
for all the shit handcuffs gets, i think TDAG does it perfectly too.
Archers is out of place on that album.
01:18 PM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
What a great "must listen to this full album experience" album.

It's flawless. If you put it on repeat it's really amazing since the final track and intro track were made to blend into each other with that odd background noise.
01:25 PM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
oh wow I never noticed this.
Every time I mention it it always blows somebody's mind, haha. I didn't notice it at first either, I guess because the rip that I had had too much empty space at the end of the last song, but once I got it right it was very cool.
01:32 PM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
That background noise is one of my favourite things in music, haha. The second I put that album on and hear it I get chills. It's crazy.
I've listened to that album and heard it so many times it's ingrained into my mind. I could hear that noise by itself in 50 years and I'd still recognize it.
06:28 AM on 07/09/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Bottom line, he needs to stop smoking.
08:45 AM on 07/09/13
anamericangod
User Info.
It is if you take out the parts where Drew talked about himself.
03:24 PM on 07/29/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Hope it sounds better than recent hopeless pressings. Even WP could of been pressed better and TGG is one of the worst pressed records I own. Awesome album but no quality control while it got pressed.

RFTS sounded great, but I agree.. WP sounded a bit too flat for my liking. We'll be finding out in a few days exactly how GR sounds. Regardless, these TDS vinyls are something that I have to have in my collection no matter how good/bad the quality is.

RFTS was decent, I wouldn't say it was great. War Paint sounds bad. One of the few records I prefer to listen to digitally compared to vinyl. Both colors came out sounding totally meh. I'd love to do a remaster and rerelease it sometime, maybe with some bonus tracks. A boy can dream.
04:51 PM on 07/29/13
anamericangod
User Info.
While I prefer digital, there's just something about vinyl. Maybe it was the nostalgia factor that made it sound better than WP, but dear Lord WP was horrendously pressed. I'd for sure throw more money your way if pressings are as good as The Graduate ones were!
Haha, thanks. I'll look into it in a couple years.
04:56 PM on 07/29/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Compared to The Graduate pressings, how's that Lovedrug "Wild Blood" sound? Always wanted that on vinyl, just never bit the bullet..
I'd say it sounds better. They recorded that album in a very organic kind of way that translated really well to vinyl. Might be the best sounding record I've made. It's the kind of album that was made to be listened to on wax.
03:25 PM on 01/07/14
anamericangod
User Info.
I haven't listened to this in months.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music