Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
07:46 AM on 07/08/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I think it's their worst album. This band has always had a problem with monotony stretching throughout records, too many songs sounding the same, but on the past two records it hasn't been as prevalent as it is here. I listened to the album fully through about 5 times and I doubt I'll listen to it entirely through again for a long while. It's just boring to me, which was a bummer because it was highly anticipated and "Catholic Girls" is great.
07:58 AM on 07/08/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
It's funny you say it's their worst record.. because right now, TDS' worst attempts would still be better than 80% of the garbage the genre is currently flooding us with. Bring on the shitty TDS tunes, then! :)
I disagree. I think there have been plenty of good records this year. I think Have Mercy wrote the record that The Dangerous Summer has always wanted to write.
08:06 AM on 07/08/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
What genre? Their genre is dead. The Graduate, Acceptance, Valencia, Hit The Lights. Those kinds of bands don't exist anymore.
this is a bit of a sad realization when it's all spelled out like this
11:19 AM on 07/08/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
There's far more diversity on the new TWY album than the new TDS album. I didn't like the earlier WY albums because of the lack of range or tempo on the albums -- it was too normalized -- and they changed that up on their last album enough to keep me interested. TDS' new album tends to get me lost and forget if it's one long song or an album of individual songs, no ebb and flow. No crescendo. Similar "talking the chorus" or way too similar melodies in too many songs stacked next to each other.
you really need to listen to the second wonder years record again. there's plenty of variations on there. "i won't say the lord's prayer" serves as that album's "devil in my bloodstream."
11:19 AM on 07/08/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
This. I feel like The Wonder Years can get away with it, but The Dangerous Summer really can't.
jason already said this, but yeah i think the wonder years record shows a lot more versatility. then again, i think they show more versatility than just about any band in the pop-punk world
08:36 AM on 07/09/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
that was an admirably long post
08:47 AM on 07/09/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
more like bronze record
Options
More From This Author